Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I'm a cheater.

I met Deb Jones for coffee tonight at Rembrandt's and took foooorever to decide what to get should I get dinner? a dessert? coffee? If I get coffee, should it be decaf? sugary or just regular brewed coffee? etc... I finally decide on getting a wrap and a water since I need to get lots of sleep tonight and could do without the caffeine jitters. Deb and I go up to the counter and she tries to answer the trivia question to get a free coffee. I'm awful at trivia because I retain zero facts of useless knowledge, that probably could come in handy more than I give "useless knowledge" credit for.

The question is something along the lines of: In ancient Hong Kong culture, a wife could legally murder her adulterous husband if she killed him with ______.

Deb guesses knives/swords and is wrong. So the cashier asks me if I want a try. Before I could shake my head and say "I have no idea..." I see a little old man sitting in the corner at a table sitting by himself flagging me down. He grips the air with his hands and mouths "HANDS! The answer is hands!" with a smile. So I figure, why not? I guessed "hands??" (very timidly) and was right!! Free coffee for me!!!

Deb joked with me later because she said I seemed scared to guess my answer....I explained that I was terrified because I have a fear of getting in trouble with authority and didn't want to get caught cheating the system. Either way, I got a free delicious Irish cream roasted coffee and a yummy grilled chicken spinach wrap. I wouldn't call it cheating...just team work. :)

2 comments:

Rebecca Cash said...

See THIS is why I love old people! :-D

Unknown said...

HAHA! This is also why you and I are I-dentical. I'm pretty sure I would've reacted the exact same way! love you!