Thursday, July 19, 2012

Pretending to be Trendy

I've had several people request a "what I wear to work" blog post because well, Antrho is a pretty trendy place to work and trendy hasn't always been an every day thing for me. I'm thinking this might be semi-regular thing just because I try not to repeat any outfits because I'm me and that's how I roll...And I totally had fun doing this post!

A few things: I work 3-5 days a week, usually in 4 hour shifts, just as an fyi. We do not have to only wear Anthropologie brand clothing, but definitely have to dress to the "aesthetic" of the store. It's even in our employee manual to dress fashionably and up to date with trends. With that said, it is really hard to be in the store as often as I am, thinking of my awesome employee discount, and not buy clothes every now and then! We had super great employee deals the first 2 months I was there and wanted to stock up on my Anthro brands, but now that the newness has worn off, I'm trying to take a step back with spending and actually save my paychecks! Easier said than done...

So here is a week in the life of an Anthro sales associate's wardrobe. I'll  point out what's from the store and what's not among other details that make the outfit like jewelry and hair (which whenever I don't wear it down, it's usually to avoid blowdrying and straightening...and I end up getting lots of compliments!)

Saturday
Top: Anthropologie;  Undershirt: GapBody Jeans: Anthropologie; Pilcro Rolled Stet 
Necklace: Old Navy (Side note: I have loved their jewelry lately!!)
Shoes: Gap--like $5 on sale 2 summers ago, best purchase of that summer
Sunday
Top: Target  Skirt: Anthropologie; Maeve Carrizo Mini
Belt: Stein Mart 
Shoes: Gap, another invaluable purchase
Earrings, which I always get compliments for: Boutique in Chattanooga, Young Munster
Hair: Topsy Turvy style side pony--probably got the most compliments on my hair that day rather than my outfit!


Thursday
 
Top:Anthropologie; Tulip Lace Shell Pants: Anthropologie; AG Polka Dot Ankle Stevie
Earrings: Anthropologie; Encircled Posts
Sock bun, this is the epitome of me pretending to be trendy thanks to Pinterest


Saturday 
 
Tops: Both from Gap Body Jeans: Anthropologie; Pilcro Stet Slim Straight
 
Belt: Versona
 
Earrings: Same Anthro encircled posts as above, in coral
Bracelet: My newest (and only July purchase) from Antrhopologie; Brushed Chain Bracelet Watch (that I wear every single day): Fossil 
Shoes: Steve Madden, on super clearance from Macy's like 4 years ago...I wear these WAY too often. 


Sunday
 
 
Jacket: Anthropologie; I can't find the link, but we still have it in the store :( but I LOVE this jacket!!! Shirt; Gap, from yearrrrrs ago Skirt: Anthropologie; Sunblaze Lace Skirt
 
 
Necklace: Francesca's
Hair: Topsy Turvy, half up/half down style
Shoes: Steven Madden, clearance at Stein Mart


Tuesday
I was going to wear this outfit the earlier Tuesday when I was on call, but didn't have to go in so I decided to post it as apart of my "week" regardless

Dress: Anthropologie; Cap Sleeve Column Dress Shoes: Steven Madden flats I talked about above
Necklace: Livi Rae, that's right...a store where I buy my bras
Hair: Side pony/french braid...aka, I didn't want to blow dry/straighten my hair...again. 

Granted, I feel like I have worn a ton of Antro items this week and that might not be a regular occurrence, simply by coincidence. This is definitely the norm style for me to wear to work on a day to day basis though. Just one down side to being "stylish" at work: my feet hurt. Non-supportive shoes = no bueno. I'm getting old. 

PS-Sorry for the somber faced selfies...I felt a little cheesy smiling into my hallway mirror all by my lonesome. 

9 comments:

Caitlin said...

OMG I've been eyeing those polka-dot AG jeans!! I regret reading this now 'cause I need them! You look so cute and all your photos!

Nicole said...

Okay - I absolutely love this! My fave is the skirt with the yellow target tank and I'm also a little obsessed with your polka dot pants =) And also, please don't pretend like you learned the sock-bun from pinterest. We were rockin' the sock bun looong before it became trendy on pinterest =)

Kristyn said...

These outfits are so cute. I would own everything at Anthro if I worked there. I am jealous of all the cute pants you wear. I love all those colors but I don't think I could pull them off. I really love the polka dot ones. Very cute.

Caitlin said...

Right, Nicole?? I was going to comment on that...don't act like you got that idea from Pinterest!!

WinoBeeroFoodo said...

I love them all! That side french braid is the coolest thing ever though..feeling inspired now!

Kristin said...

Guard girls--I totally learned sock buns from guard, but not this kind where you start at the ends of your hair and roll down to the base and pin it (unlike in guard where the sock was around the base of the pony tail and covered the sock then) :)

And everyone needs to get the AG Polka dot jeans!!! 1. Because they are easily tied for me favorite pair of pants (tied with my Pilcro Stets) and would wear them every day if they weren't a noticeable print! haha and 2. They're on sale now!! and 3. so so so comfy and I always get compliments. Go buy them now!

And thanks everyone for the compliments!

Annie said...

I had to read your whole post to understand why you weren't smiling in any of the pictures haha! I love so much of your clothing, and always have since PHS. You always look put together and presentable (unlike yours truly). There is rarely, if ever, a time that I don't want to snatch something you're wearing when I see you! I like these fashion posts - perhaps an idea for a new blog?? You should also do hair tutorials! I want to know how to do that twisted braid. Anyways, as if you aren't busy enough, I appreciate the blog postings :) can't wait to go shopping together/do lots of other fun things when I am home soon! Love you tons! Annie

Anonymous said...

I just want you to come fix my hair every morning. Thanks!

SarahKL said...

What a fun post! I have tried not to fall into the SAHM mommy trap of wearing tshirts and gauchos everyday (or is that CVP apparel?) This post gives me even more fun ideas! Love ya friend!