A day in the life of an Anthro sales associate.
Okay, I always thought my job is kinda like most other retail jobs for the most part...turns out that it's not. We as a staff are very attentive to our customers, and that's above par in most other mall clothing stores.
Each hour, we are assigned to different "zones" in the store. Some days it can a trade off between only 2 zones, or it can be a different zone each hour I'm there. Here's a general idea of what goes on in each zone.
Run/Sale: Put up clothes from the fitting room back on the floor, organize the crazy sale room, tidy up folding/hanging clothes around the store, check sizes in the back for customers.
Cash Register: This one's pretty self explanatory; ring up customers, handle returns, re-enter returned clothes to the system/ready to go back on the floor...but something that still stresses me out is when the phone rings. Something about not knowing what they're going to ask of me gets me all riled up! But this is also probably my favorite place in the store to be -- there's always something to do and it's right in the middle of the goings on!
Front Area: Greet customers as they enter (I try to change it up...but there are only so many ways to say "Welcome to Anthropologie!" "How you are doing today?), say goodbye as they leave ("Thank you!" "Have a great afternoon!") check bags if the alarm goes off, usually because we forgot to take off the hard tag, point customers in the direction of what they want/who they need to talk to about something...one lady told me I was a glorified Wal-Mart greeter. Thanks?
Fitting Room: Take clothes from customers as they come in, ask their name, compliment about their clothing choices, hang up clothes in the fitting room for them, offer to get different sizes or accessories to go with their outfits. The thing is to be honest! Don't you hate it when you leave a store and felt pressured to buy something? Ugh. I know I definitely want them to feel satisfied with their purchase, because hey, if they're going to pay a pretty penny for our pretty clothes, they'd better darn well love them!
Home: On occasional Saturdays, I'll get assigned to the home area of the store...most of the time is spent reorganizing the knobs on the rotating stands. Talk about tedious! But, I love sorting things so it's almost therapeutic sometimes.
Welp, there you have it ladies and gentlemen, a day in the life. Some days are crazy busy, other are crazy sloooow! Yesterday for example flew by because I was at the cash register for 3 of the 4 hours I was there and was flying solo for 2 of those 3 hours. I barely had time to look down at my watch to realize it was almost time for me to go home! But then there are some other days that I walk in circles, braiding and re-braiding my hair in the fitting room. Either way, I get moolah.
No comments:
Post a Comment