Last Wednesday hardly counted as a work day considering I went two parties--both of which had to do with my job. Doesn't get much better than that, does it?
We had the All Church staff Christmas party at the Tinsley (head pastor's) house and it was catered by the lovely Lynn Jones. Just think about delicious lobster bisque, shrimp and grits, roast beef sandwiches, fresh veggies, and stuffed mushrooms. Fancy and delish.
After the party (complete with a Christmas bonus check-yippee!)I ran by my apartment to grab my Christmas pajamas, stopped by Wal Mart...and no, I didn't go to Wally World in my pj's in the middle of the afternoon, although I was tempted to. I went to Carolann's house to help get ready for our Girls Only Christmas Party.
Lots of our wonderful parents brought appetizer like foods, the girls showed up in their Christmasy pajamas, and we made homemade cards and felt flower hairclips and pins. It was so much fun! With the Christmas music playing in the background and the tree lit up, it was one of the first times this season that I just felt the true Christmas spirit.




Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention...the boys "pranked" us...and by pranked, I mean they ran into the house, grabbed some food and ran out. One of the middle school boys thought it would be a great idea to grab a handful of ranch? and then throw it at Carolann...Yeah, he had to stay for a little while to clean up his mess. But while he was doing that, boys were throwing wet cotton balls to mine and CA's cars which stuck and froze. I had some cotton balls that littered the roads for the next few days.
No comments:
Post a Comment