Tuesday, December 14, 2010

How much can I fit into 24 hours?

Sorry that this will be a pictureless post, but in all honesty I was too busy rushing between events to even think about pulling out the old Canon. But here is my 3rd and final post of the day so you will be officially caught up on my past week.

Saturday was a day that I had been looking forward to for quite some time, but in the same moment dreading because logistically I didn't know if all of my plans would work out as planned. Samantha Stevenson came in on Saturday morning just in time to go to the mall (ugh) with me and my roommate to do some scattered Christmas shopping and other errands. After we braved the mall's traffic, we made it our goal to get in and get out of there as soon as humanly possible. By the time we got back to the apartment, lunch time had already come and gone. So we snacked until it was time to leave for camp.

The camp Christmas party is always a highlight of the Christmas season and has been for me for the past FIVE years...whoa, wait? I've been involved with CVP for 5 years? Hm...When did that happen and how did I get so old? Either way, I love getting to eat yummy food, spend time at one of my favorite places with my favorite people. But something I always overlook is that the people from camp that I really want to see, are the ones that I have kept in touch with regardless. So after some delish dinner (Thanks to Heather), I did the "small talk" bit and watched friends as they unwrapped their White Elephant gifts. By then, it was time for me to go.

So I rush to change out of jeans into a dress and drive from Soddy Daisy to the Tivoli in downtown. I had several students and former campers that were in Saturday night's cast of the Nutcracker and I LOVED IT. It was so Christmasy and fun!

After we took a couple of pictures with the church camera, I headed back to my car in the rain (changed in the car, sketch....I know) and headed over to the "CVP Christmas Party-after party" most of my closer camp friends were there and it was so much more relaxed. Saturday turned into a looooong night with little sleep, but it was so worth it to spend time with friends from camp that I rarely get to spend quality time with.

My alarm started buzzing way earlier than I would have liked come Sunday morning, but I rushed and got ready for Sunday school.

I had dinner with Erin and my dad at Cracker Barrel and spent some time with Ryan Davis and Katie Woodruff on Sunday night before the wintery weather really settled in and by the time my head hit the pillow that night, I was out! I slept almost 12 hours on Sunday night and I am not one for sleeping in late!!

This past weekend was one of my highlights of the Christmas season thus far and we're not even halfway through December quite yet!! I am very impressed with those of you that read even 2 of my 3 "catch up" blogs from today. I always remind myself that this blog isn't for the readers (although I appreciate those of you that do skim my blog every once and a while), but instead for myself; To capture and record the ups and downs of my life, especially during this crazy time period in my life as a single 20-something girl braving the big, bad "real world" in Chattanooga and in youth ministry. I love my life and want to be able to look back on these times with fond memories--hence, my blog to help refresh those fond memories of mine.

No comments: