10. Surprisingly, losing my job was one of the best things to happen to me this year. I learned so much about what I don't want in a job, how grateful I was to be surrounded by encouraging friends and family in the midst of my disappointment, confusion, and questioning, and if I didn't lose my job at the Youth Network then I wouldn't be where I am now. And I wouldn't trade where I am now for anything.
9. Not that material things define who I am, or at least I don't ever want them to, but it sure is nice to have a steady income to be able to afford some luxuries. 2010 brought my a new car, a new computer, new phone, and something i probably take for granted the most is insurance through the church. I started to feel a little bit more like a grown-up this year because I could afford these big purchases and that's always a nice feeling...paying the bill for them every month is a different story!
8. In April, I started interning with First Pres and I had no idea that that would lead to a full time position starting in August of this year. This year's summer was such a fun, encouraging time getting to know the students in the youth group and really figuring out what my passions are. It was the closest thing to being at camp like spending time with students and seeing the staff, and even getting a chance to play on the lake every now and then while still enjoying some free time to myself. Highlights of this summer's internship were
tubing on the Hiawasee, the Mystery Tours on Sunday nights, and hands down, my favorite thing was the missions trip to New Orleans.




7. Another unexpected, but rewarding event of 2010 were the 2 weeks I got to spend working at Camp Vesper Point this summer. I thought that 2009 would hands down be my last summer on staff at CVP, but God yet again taught me to never say never. Family Camp and a week in June as a counselor reminded me the joys of teaching the Gospel for the first time to young girls and that its the little things that campers will remember, like being mud sisters for example.


6. A less specific event, but overall highlight of this past year were all of the opportunities I got to visit friends outside of Chattanooga. All of these roadtrips reminded me how grateful I am for my friends and that distance does make the heart grow fonder. Being in Kasey's wedding allowed for lots of trips to Bowling Green, throw a couple of trips to Nashville, Athens, and of course Marietta makes for a lot of driving that were well worth the gallons and gallons of gas spent to see so many wonderful friends.






5. This summer, the Harwoods asked me and Katy Fisher to house sit for them and I LOVED getting to live with my best friend all summer. Our bucket list always gave us something to do and it was so fun to come home to someone that I enjoyed their company and conversations.


4. 2010 was a year that I will always remember for moving several times. But with all of this moving around, I appreciated the hospitality of those who took me in without question or complaint. Last January I was at the Liners, then to Taylor's apartment in March, (an arrangement that was only meant to last 2 weeks that turned into 2+ months!) the housesitting at Harwoods with Katy, and now my apartment with Erin. Moving around that much is something I would never wish on someone, but all of that "pack and go" mentality made me appreciate those who opened their house and made me that much more grateful to finally have a place that I can call my own.

3. Time spent with family has always been so valuable to me and 2010 gave me lots of opportunity to do that. Because Chattanooga is only an hour and a half away from Marietta, 3 hours from Athens, and Kirby and Daniel are a short 30ish minute drive from my parents' house, I had so many chances to see them! Charlotte turned 2 years old in April and I loved getting to celebrate that with her. My favorite family trip was our trip to Disney just a few weeks ago. That will be a trip that I will always remember and cherish!




2.One of the most life altering events of this past year was getting my full time job at First Pres. This job has been the biggest blessing and so much better of a job than I could have created for myself. When I moved to Chattanooga in 2009, I fell in love with the church and knew I wanted to be as involved as I could be. Through interning with the Children's department at the beginning of the year, that turned in the internship with the youth in April, and eventually led to a full time position in August, I wouldn't have seen this coming this time last year! I LOVE the students, their families, the people I work with, and what the church stands for. 2010 was a big year for First Pres as a church--Tim Tinsley became our head pastor and Robert Row was brought on as our Youth Pastor. I have loved seeing the change that 2010 brought for our church and I know that God has big plans for 2011 and could not be more grateful that I was chosen to be apart of it all.
1. And drum roll please for the number 1 spot in my Top 10 of 2010.....The birth of my beautiful niece Felicity!!! She is such a precious gift to our family and I have loved seeing her grow this year and I am so blessed to be apart of her life.


So there it is, 2010 in a nutshell! And here's to a great 2011!
2 comments:
Getting fired was definitely a highlight of my year too! Strange, but true.
Also, I just realized that you spelled Chattanooga wrong in your header. hahahahahahaha
I teared up at number one (: Thanks for being a great aunt! Looking forward to 2011 with you!
Post a Comment