Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Catch Up

I have seriously failed when it's come to picture taking this past week. I got a little tired of always being the one telling people "Hold on! Wait! Let me get my camera out!" I always regret not having taken pictures after the fact, but there's not much I can do about that now for this Christmas season.

It hardly seemed like Christmas Eve when the 24th rolled around because of my crazy schedule; I had no sense of what day of the week it was! Charlotte, Katie, and Lee came to Marietta to swap their cars back after the Disney trip so I got more time with my little red-headed niece. It was so fun to see her opening presents this year. It's hard to believe that this is her 3rd Christmas and every year, she becomes more and more independent and expressive.

After catching up with high school friends that afternoon, I was looking forward to seeing my other niece (and her mom and dad too!) My mom wasn't feeling well so my dad and I went to church at the 6:00 Candlelight service without her. It was so weird not being at First Pres, but I have always loved the Christmas Eve service at Johnson Ferry and this year was no exception. By the time we got home, my stomach was growling and I was ready for our traditional Christmas Eve homemade pizza! When my mom suggested we have chili instead, I looked at her like she had 7 eyes...if she knows anything about me, she knows that I love keeping up with traditions.

Little Felicity had a cold, so she went to bed almost as soon as they walked in the door on Christmas Eve. We opened presents on Christmas morning as a family (which is different from normal, but sometimes you just have to work around the little baby's schedule rather than your own!) Not that Christmas is about the presents, but it's nice to get them from loved ones. Kirby and Daniel got me an apron from Anthropologie and my parents got me a housecoat, house shoes (I'm an 80 year old lady trapped in the body of a 24 year old), a Patagonia vest and LOTS of gift cards. (yay!)

I considered Christmas Day a success when I didn't change out of my pajamas for a solid 36 hours. But the cherry on top was the White Christmas that Georgia had! It was so fun to look out the window and see the snow coming down and even better when Kirby, Daniel and I had a snowball fight and built our little snowman friend, Linus.

No comments: