Most blogs I go into with a purpose, a specific topic to blog about. Right now, I've got nothing. Nada. Zero. But here I am on a chilly Sunday night at my work computer (we're finally getting internet at our apartment, we just have to get the router!! woot! woot!) and I don't want to go home, mostly because I don't want to have to face the bitter cold. Let's just say I'm not cut out to live up North.
I was on the phone last night with one of my beloved Co's. We had just missed seeing each other at the First Pres Christmas concert, but vowed to have lunch together sometime this week. I love that Alex knows what a crazy life I lead, because she lives that same life too, only crazier. Something we both agreed on is that December is such a busy month, but just a different kind of busy. The regular youth events are over but something else finds a way to take the "usual's" place. The middle schoolers had our last "official" Sunday night tonight (a Goodbye 2010 Fiesta) and that's just the beginning of the parties...
Wednesday: Church staff Christmas party at lunch and All Girls Christmas Card making/PJ party that night
Friday: Babysitting (one of the several jobs I was offered for next weekend) for a family while they go see the Nutcracker
Saturday:Camp Christmas Party OR Nutcracker (some of my students are in it...still deciding which to go to)
Sunday: White Christmas (Kids Choir concert at church)
Wednesday: Leaders' Party for Youth Group
Thursday: Concerts Galore in Nashville
Friday: Fly to Orlando (Who in Atlanta wants to drop me off at the airport? :) and see Kristel!!
Saturday-Tuesday: Disney World!!!
Tuesday night: Fly back to Atlanta (pick up from the airport anyone?)
Then I'll be working from home until Christmas and then it's a whole separate world of busy after that!
Okay...so you probably didn't make it through the rundown of my schedule. I think I mostly did that to know that it's okay I'm overwhelmed by my crazy schedule. Also, Baxley stole my computer and planner as ransom for his desk stuff (practical joke a student and I are playing on him) so I'm trying my best to stay sane without my planner....it's been harder than you would think.
Anyways, all of this ridiculous rambling to say--
I love Christmas and the whole season. Yes, of course I love it most because we are celebrating the birth of our Savior; But truthfully, I love the parties, the chance to see friends that I don't see in my week to week, the change of pace, the Christmas lights and decorations, peppermint mochas from Starbucks, time with family, cheesy Christmas music and movies that are playing constantly--all of it; the whole season. So here's to a busy start to the very busy next month of December. If the random rambling of this post doesn't reflect my life right now, I don't know what does!
No comments:
Post a Comment