After sleeping in until 9 or so on Thursday morning, I cleaned and went in for a lunch/youth staff meeting to talk about things that went undiscussed during our normal Tuesday staff meeting. I stayed at church for a while because I had a Camp Committee meeting on Thursday night (which went on fooooorever. I love being on the committee, but I was losing focus fast by the time we hit the 2 hour mark!)
Friday was a day I cherished. I got to visit my "little sister" Rachel Carleton at Covenant. We went to Starbuck's and got to just catch up and laugh. It's so refreshing to talk to her because she's so honest and that truly is a rare quality to find.

After our sister date, I went to meet up with Ally Baxley. Ally worked at camp this past summer and she is just so spontaneous. She and I have experienced so many similar things and it's fun to share stories. I feel as if I've known her for longer than the less than 8 months I really have known her.

I rushed from Lookout Mountain up to Signal so I could babysit a stuffy-nosed William Barker. We had pizza, ate popcorn, drank apple cider and watched Cars before we read several bedtime stories. His 2 older sisters were at the Nutcracker with his parents, and being the youngest and the only boy, he very rarely gets to choose which movie to watch and what books he wants to read, so I know he appreciated the special attention. Mary (his mom) texted me later to say that William "thinks I am very nice" and that just made my day to hear that! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment