Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Target Never Fails

I still wasn't feeling 100% so I didn't go to church Sunday morning because I didn't want to infect anyone with whatever I have/had, but by the time 3:00 in the afternoon rolled around, I was getting antsy in my apartment. I am terrible about getting gift cards for birthdays, Christmas, etc. and not spending them for months and months, so in an effort to get every penny's worth out of those little plastic rectangles I started my spending asap.

I went to Target to look for a coat rack because I hate the clutter of mine and Erin's coats and purses hanging on on the backs of chairs at our kitchen table...but I was sadly disappointed. But don't worry, I still found plenty to spend my gift card (and some of my own money) on!

I have been looking for a cute, but simple lamp that matched my bedspread since I've moved in. I didn't want anything too bright because with all of the colors in my comforter; I am fearful of my room looking like a Crayola box! But I loved what I found and even though it was a little bit more than what I wanted to pay, I can always talk myself into putting money into decorating because I see it as in "investment" (Whatever helps you sleep at night, right?)


I hate empty wall space, so I was so excited when I came across another something for my apartment! I've been looking for a while for some not cheap looking picture frames for some pictures I took at camp and around Chattanooga that I had printed with a great deal through Snapfish. Target pulled through again!
It's the little things that I get excited about...I just love seeing my apartment come together to feel more homey though. Now if only I could find a free standing coat rack...

2 comments:

Emily Geyer said...

I got a great coat rack- and cheap, like $20- at KMart! You should check there!

Kathryn said...

Love your Target finds! Hope you had a Happy New Year!

I am passing on the Stylish Blogger Award to you!