After working last Thursday (which was such a great day at work--I got to see and catch up with 2 of our interns and one of my students, AND have dinner with my dad), I came home just in time to clean up before Taylor came in town!! I love this girl so much and couldn't wait to spend my weekend with her! We had dinner with our dear friend Haley Hill and talked for hours at Amigo's and back at my apartment. Haley is one of the most genuine, loving, encouraging, and Christ-focused friends that I have. It is always so refreshing to spend time with that girl and it made it even better that the 3 of us could spend time together.
Since I worked on Thursday, I got to take the day off on Friday and spend it with Taylor and Cara! We went to a delicious lunch, stopped by Rock Creek, and even got to visit Ryan while he was working at Chattz. We got a group of girls together to eat out at the Terminal (yum!) and headed back to my apartment for a movie night that some old camp friends came to visit us. I did a terrible job of taking pictures of everyone who came over, but really, when is there an opportune time to take a picture on a movie night?
Saturday was a lazy day while Taylor drove all over Chattanooga to catch up with friends. I was grateful that I had a chance to sleep in with now alarm to set or agenda to tackle. Allie, Jessie, Taylor, and I braved the chilly weather on Saturday night so we could eat out at Blue Plate. The rest of the night included a little bit of this:
Sunday morning was not all that easy to get out of bed after going non-stop for so long, but I was so glad to be back at First Pres that I didn't care how little I had slept! I had missed being at my church and it felt like coming home to see all of the familiar faces I hadn't seen in so long! Well, that about wraps it up what the first half of my last week was like (did that even make sense?)...hopefully later today I can post about my snow days.
**Side note: Please be in prayer for Matt Cash...I worked at camp with him several summers ago and I am good friends with his girlfriend Becca (who I also worked at camp with). I can post with more details later, but he was diagnosed with leukemia at the beginning of this week and has started treatments immediately. I am hoping to visit Becca and the Cashes later today after work, but more than anything, we need prayers for his fast healing.
No comments:
Post a Comment