Friday, January 21, 2011

Mrs. Tammy

I have never liked getting my hair cut; mostly because I hate getting length taken off that I feel like I have work on growing out for months. Something about getting my hair cut though that I have always looked forward to are my visits with Mrs. Tammy. Mrs. Tammy is one of 3 ladies that cut hair at Roswell Hair Salon and I have never been anywhere else. Ever. Even when I was in college and now I'm in Chattanooga, I make the hour and a half drive back sometimes just to see Mrs. Tammy. She has cut mine and Kirby's hair our whole lives and most of Katie's. Even when my Mimi comes in town, we make a appointment for Mimi to see Tammy. Charlotte's already gotten her first hair cut from Mrs. Tammy and I know it won't be much longer before Felicity is sitting in Mrs. Tammy's chair. Tammy would come in on Saturdays when we were in high school to do all 3 of our up-dos for prom and did our hair for both Katie and Kirby's weddings as her wedding gift.

Tammy is southern, warm, and always knows the "big stuff" that's going on in any Mardis' life. She won't let me leave the salon until I've given her a "big ole bear hug" (trust me, she came outside to scold me one time when I forgot). She talks to me like I'm her own daughter and tells me the good stuff I love to hear, and the "tsk, tsk" every once and a while. I got to go see Mrs. Tammy today and she always brightens my day so I thought I could brighten your day by reminding you how rare someone like Mrs. Tammy is. I hope that everyone has a "Mrs. Tammy" in their lives, and even better, someone that can be a "Mrs. Tammy" for your whole family.

No comments: