Taylor Huddleston is wonderful. Fabulous. Fantastic. Awesome. Great. And any other synonym that I could think of that don't have the patience to type out to describe how much this girl means to me. A little bit of background. I haven't even known Taylor for a year and she has quickly become one of my very closest friends up in Chattanooga. Anna Cleland told me about Taylor last year after Encounter, the Campus Crusade winter conference, and was so excited when she found out that Taylor was working with us that next summer at camp. Taylor is the girl that facebook friended everyone when she got the staff handbook and I love her for that. We facebook chatted a handful of times and I sent her a message before camp started to try and make her feel more welcome and help her with any packing questions she had about camp.
We talked about who knows what from day 1 and that close friendship continued over the summer . During the school year, she has been an intern with the high schoolers at 1st Pres and since I work with the children, Cara Dodd, Taylor, and I usually hang out every Sunday and Wednesday after we leave church. The three of us will spend hours laughing and talking about everything...and I mean everything.
Okay. To the point of this blog. I love Taylor for all of these reasons and more. But this week, I love her even more because she is housing me. She is my Stop #1 on my Homeless Tour.
It's been like a slumber party every night and she has reminded me how much I have missed having roommates to come home to and talk to every night before going to bed...which bedtime has been a bit later this week because we stay up talking most nights, but I don't mind because I only have a ten minute drive to work rather than a close to 30 minute drive! Big difference!!
1 comment:
KRISTIN MARDIS!! You are the best! I love you, and you're more than welcome to stay with me as long as you need to! LOVE LOVE LOVE you!!
Post a Comment