Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Free time, yes, it's free time!

Excuse my lame attempt at being humorous/using camp cheers...I just couldn't help it. But really, do to my sudden unemployment, I have quite a bit amount of free time on my hands and I really have been enjoying it.

I worked at camp this past weekend and started working towards my new goal--getting back in shape. So I tucked my ipod earphones into my ears, laced up my adidas, and hit the pavement. It felt good...Now that hard part is keeping up with the habit. I figure if I'm unemployed, I need to have a goal so here I go.

This week has been a weird but welcomed week of seeing friends and catching up on sleep thanks to my unexpected, large amounts of free time. Yes, sleep is nice and seeing friends is great, but I am really looking forward to using this time of free time to help those who I love as their lives begin to change. Who am I talking about? My best friend and soon to be wife of JR Vance, Kasey, and my about to pop, soon to be mother, Kirby! Kirby and I were briefly on the phone tonight and she was just saying that she's kind of glad that I have the flexibility that I have now to pop in and out once Felicity is born and not have to worry about scheduling longer trips around my pockets of time off that I had. And now that I have more time, it seems like Kasey has even less as the wedding is getting closer (less than 2 months!!! She is so ready to just be married!!!) so I am more than willing to help her take care of the little things that she simply does not have time to spend time looking up and dealing with when she should be spending time with her fiance.

With all of that said, I don't like boredom or not having plans, but I'll take it if it means I get to be a better friend and sister. As long as I am following God's will and seeking Him through this time of transition, I am doing what I should be doing--and I love that part of that means being able to be there for friends and family that I love so dearly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A of all, I love the humor/using camp cheers. It made my day!
B of all, we need to catch up, so phone date soon.
C of all, I just want to encourage you through this time of transition. God has a great plan for you, so continue to seek him and he will guide you where he wants you to be.
I love you friend!