Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I'm not a funny person

I've been thinking lately about why I blog. I have been wondering the purpose behind my blogging or if I even have a purpose in doing these posts.

My sister finally "launched" her blog yesterday and I was so excited for her! Kirby called me with some blogging questions and we started talking about how intimidating it can be--posting part of your life online. Granted, you can put as much or little on these things as you want...but here it is for the world (or the five people that read this) to see--attempts at being funny, thoughtless ramblings, grammar mistakes and all.

I started to realize that my life isn't all that exciting when you look at it in comparison to other people. I'm not really all that funny--especially not in a jokester kind of way. I mean, I guess I'm funny in a way that people laugh at/with me when I speak before thinking or I do something dumb, but not funny in the "She's a really funny person" kind of way. My life isn't glamorous. I'm not creative, original, crafty, or gifted in a particular area like photography or cooking. But really, when it comes down to it; I like blogging.

I like using this blog as a project to document my life. I'm in a stage of transition. I started this blog at the beginning of my senior year at Georgia; I've shared frustrations, excitement, good news and some bad, and bits of confusion with my blogging audience. But that's what I like about blogging. I get to share a little slice of my life with friends and family that I might not be able to keep in touch with as much as I like.

So when you boil it down, I'm not a funny person, I'm not particularly insightful, nor do I even have a set goal of this blog other than to be honest, myself, and grateful for my experiences that I get to share with you. But I am thankful. Thankful that I have friends that care enough to read my ramblings, look through my dozens of pictures, and even laugh at my attempts of being funny or witty from time to time. Thankful that I have good news to share and a family that loves me.

PS-You could really show me some love though if you do read this blog and let me know that you do! Comment or follow me if you aren't yet! Not that I need to know, but I do want to know who reads my blog from time to time...selfish curiosity I suppose.

7 comments:

KatieB. said...

I'm not funny...nor do I have a kid, which seems to be a popular topic on blogs...nor do I have endless amounts of money for Tory Burch, Lilly and Louis Vuitton, which are also popular blog topics. I enjoy blogging for fun, a hobby, to share stories but also ideas. And, I personally enjoy reading your blog :)

Unknown said...

I remember you being a hilarious person. I also remember you being beautiful, independent, and mature. So don't sell yourself short, and you're a fantastic writer too! I enjoy reading blogs and yours is quite fun!

Emily Geyer said...

I think your blog is great. And remember- it is for YOU not us :).

SarahKL said...

I totally know where you're coming from! {Sometimes I'll stop and think, there is nothing I've done this week that is even worth talking about... haha!} But even if all you're doing is day to day living, we still all want to know what's going on in your life! Keep on, keepin' on!

Anonymous said...

you crack me up. you ARE funny. i can't think of a time with you when there wasn't much giggling. :)
and i read your blog all the time!
<><

blank said...

I love your blog, even though I just started reading it! As a new blogger myself, I totally understand your thoughts. I think you're adorable... keep it up!

anna c. said...

ahhh im so not funny either! but i dont really care when it comes to my blog... because i do enjoy doing that for myself. it's just twitter i'm worried about. if i'm honest, thats the reason im JUST now getting into it... cause people only wanna read funny people's stuff, ya know?! so, here it goes, it may be short lived...

but yeah, i read your blog and i like staying updated :) see you on the twit thing