9. Last few days of Senior Year with friends
I don't think I realized then how precious these last few weeks of senior year would become to me. Looking back through pictures, I really started to realize how much fun these girls made my college experience and how fun the end of my senior year was because of them.


8. Cutting 10 inches off my hair to donate
A BIG step for me, but rewarding. I still have my moments that I'll look at pictures and wish my hair was long again, but I know that this big cut was not in vain, but instead for others.


8. Memories from Camp Vesper Point-How can you put these into one category?
CVP has been one of the most impactful parts of the last four years, which made it more meaningful to me this year, as it was my last year to serve on staff.
a)Friday Night Live--so funny and so worth the mess every week
b) The 2 am group. It's a long story, but well worth the drama that was caused. Lesson learned and memory well worth it.

6. Kirby announcing her pregnancy and Charlotte turning a year old!
What else can be said?!? One niece that I've been able to see grow up and another that's growing in Kirby's tummy! :) I love being an aunt.


4. Joining First Presbyterian Church of Chattanooga
I have never been a member of a church before so this was a very exciting step for me!
I'm so excited to see where this church family is going and how I can be apart of it.

3. Working on the dock with Ryan Davis and Clay Huffaker
These guys are like my brothers. I loved loved loved having them as co's. Working on the dock was the best way I could have asked to spend my last summer at Vesper Point. I was stretched and loved every minute of it....well, 98% of the minutes. There's no need to lie. :)

2. Graduating from the University of Georgia
I really need to do a highlight list of my time at UGA because only have this as one point out of nine for 2009 just doesn't seem to do my time there justice. Go Dawgs! I'm so proud to call myself a graduate of that school and could not have done it without the support of my family.

1. Moving to Chattanooga and getting a full time job!
MAN! What a HUGE step in my life. I love this city and the people that live in it.
People didn't really understand when I told them that Chattanooga was really my only option after graduating, but I knew that this was exactly where God wanted me and He's made that clear to me over and over again. I love seeing what else God has in store for me in this wonderful city. I could write a novel about how great this transition has been, how much I've learned, and how much this city means to me to be able to call it home.

I teared up a couple of times because I hated having to fit this life changing year into such slim categories. Yes, I'm aware I could list more than 9 points for my highlight of the year, but if I don't put a limit on it, I would ramble on forever!
2009 was a year that will be unmatched on so many levels for so many reasons. It was a year of several "lasts" and an almost equal amount of "firsts". I know that 2010 will be another big year in my life.
My years would not mean as much to me without each of you that are there to make these memories with me. I am so blessed to know each of you that read this blog that are apart of my life.
I don't think I realized then how precious these last few weeks of senior year would become to me. Looking back through pictures, I really started to realize how much fun these girls made my college experience and how fun the end of my senior year was because of them.


8. Cutting 10 inches off my hair to donate
A BIG step for me, but rewarding. I still have my moments that I'll look at pictures and wish my hair was long again, but I know that this big cut was not in vain, but instead for others.


8. Memories from Camp Vesper Point-How can you put these into one category?
CVP has been one of the most impactful parts of the last four years, which made it more meaningful to me this year, as it was my last year to serve on staff.
a)Friday Night Live--so funny and so worth the mess every week
b) The 2 am group. It's a long story, but well worth the drama that was caused. Lesson learned and memory well worth it. 
6. Kirby announcing her pregnancy and Charlotte turning a year old!
What else can be said?!? One niece that I've been able to see grow up and another that's growing in Kirby's tummy! :) I love being an aunt.


4. Joining First Presbyterian Church of Chattanooga
I have never been a member of a church before so this was a very exciting step for me!
I'm so excited to see where this church family is going and how I can be apart of it.

3. Working on the dock with Ryan Davis and Clay Huffaker
These guys are like my brothers. I loved loved loved having them as co's. Working on the dock was the best way I could have asked to spend my last summer at Vesper Point. I was stretched and loved every minute of it....well, 98% of the minutes. There's no need to lie. :)

2. Graduating from the University of Georgia
I really need to do a highlight list of my time at UGA because only have this as one point out of nine for 2009 just doesn't seem to do my time there justice. Go Dawgs! I'm so proud to call myself a graduate of that school and could not have done it without the support of my family.

1. Moving to Chattanooga and getting a full time job!
MAN! What a HUGE step in my life. I love this city and the people that live in it.
People didn't really understand when I told them that Chattanooga was really my only option after graduating, but I knew that this was exactly where God wanted me and He's made that clear to me over and over again. I love seeing what else God has in store for me in this wonderful city. I could write a novel about how great this transition has been, how much I've learned, and how much this city means to me to be able to call it home.

I teared up a couple of times because I hated having to fit this life changing year into such slim categories. Yes, I'm aware I could list more than 9 points for my highlight of the year, but if I don't put a limit on it, I would ramble on forever!
2009 was a year that will be unmatched on so many levels for so many reasons. It was a year of several "lasts" and an almost equal amount of "firsts". I know that 2010 will be another big year in my life.
My years would not mean as much to me without each of you that are there to make these memories with me. I am so blessed to know each of you that read this blog that are apart of my life.
2 comments:
I really love this post :)
You were right...I love it even more. :) Miss you so much!
Post a Comment