Friday, January 29, 2010

Big Weekend

I have a very, very busy weekend ahead of me. And my plans have changed several times just within this past week-and if you know me...you know I like to have a plan!

First, I was supposed to go to Bowling Green, Kentucky to try on bridesmaid dresses with Kasey and meet the other bridesmaids. I was really looking forward to this, but then Drexel Dunagan was saying that her fiance Matt Bond was leaving to fly to Peru for two months this Saturday, so I offered to run the retreat in her place. Kasey was very understanding and I assured her that we would work out a time for me to come up there.

I didn't find out until the beginning of this week that the retreat only went until early afternoon on Saturday! So I figured I might be able to drive up Kentucky as soon as I pulled out of camp on Saturday...but then I looked at the weather channel and driving in the snow didn't seem all too likely. (And my dad shut down any chance of that happening when I talked to him on the phone last night--just watching out for me, Daddy!) God is funny though, because when the chance for me to drive up to Kentucky didn't seem reasonable, I was offered to babysit for the Holts! I was the Holt's family camp counselor in 2008 and they have 3 adorable girls-Emily, Ashley, and Lauren. They go to First Pres, so I see them often, but I'm excited babysit because it's been a while since I've babysat and these are some precious girls to have a Saturday night with! :)
Lauren was only 2 months old in this picture and has grown a ton since then! She's coming up on her 2nd birthday in late March!!

Sunday morning will be an early one--but well worth it! My wonderful best friend (I have 3, Katy, Kathryn, and Kasey so I'm allowed to say best friend more than once in this post for 2 different girls!) Katy Fisher is getting baptized!!! Cara and I are waking up early on Sunday morning to make the 2 hour drive to Birmingham (just rain, no snow down there, I checked) to see her get dunked. This was a very big decision for her and it means a lot to have friends and especially her parents down there. Baptisms have a more special meaning to me since I decided to get baptized at camp--what a special event for a believer to stand in front of other believers and be baptized!
We're going to stay long enough for lunch with other camp friends that will be down there for the occassion and then head back up to the 'noog in time for church on Sunday night! Needless to say, I'm going to be worn on come Sunday night and will wish I had a weekend after my weekend!! Hopefully I will have lots of pictures from this weekend to post :)

No comments: