I spent the weekend at camp to work a retreat (more on that later...really, it was a weekend of my clumsiness put on display!) and had left my extra pillow and blankets in the car because I didn't want to tote too much with me up the Liner's driveway in the rain.
After church last night, I was getting ready for bed and unpacking when I realized that I left my eye mask with my pillow in the car. This shouldn't be a big deal since I have my room in the basement all to myself and it really gets pretty dark, but it was. So I had to improvise by using a scrap from a t-shirt that I use as a headband on occasion as a make-shift blindfold.
More than anything, it's not about having pitch black when I sleep (which I love), but I can manage if there's a little bit of light. It just feels weird to not have something over my eyes.
I started this habit gradually when I traveled with winter guard and would have to sleep on a bus while traveling for trips. Then I became more dependent my freshman year of college because my roommate kept late hours so I found more of a need for my eye mask (and ear plugs for her snoring...) and before I knew it, I just didn't feel right going to sleep without it. I admit it, I'm a sleep mask addict and there's no turning back.
So what are some of your weird quirks or habits? C'mon, everyone has 'em! I'm sure I could come up with a few more :) I just want to know that I'm not alone!
2 comments:
I have to sleep with a noise machine. I can't sleep if its completely quiet. A loud fan can work too. :-)
everything i do is a weird habit. you know this!
i'm just too OCD.
but incase you need an example:
-i will not sleep without knowing I've done all I can to keep the house clean first.
-towels have to be tri-folded and hanging on the rod.
-i organize my husband's closet.
-when i am exhausted and don't feel like taking a bath, i fill the tub half way up with very hot water and soak my feet. this happens periodically.
<><
Post a Comment