Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Three days weekends are...

...one of the many blessings of God. :)

Friday: I helped out with a booth for camp at Lynn Jones' son's homeschool basketball game. It turned out to be a really fun night with friends with a free dinner that the church paid for...oh, and some ice cream too!

Saturday: I got a new Bible!! I got one last year for Valentine's Day from my mom--wonderful. It was an NIV study Bible with references, maps, and so much more. But I left it in my trunk one night while I was a nomad in the fall and during the monsoon season, my Bible was ruined and kind of has a funk now. So I bought a new one at LifeWay on Saturday and LOVE it!! :) I decided to break it in at Stone Cup over a blueberry muffin and a cup of coffee before meeting Haley Hill for lunch at GreenLife-YUM!!! As I have said several times before, I absolutely love Haley Hill and our friendship. What a blessing in my life. The rest of the day I was a vegetable; ie I did nothing and it was great.

Sunday: Sunday school and church as usual...I absolutely love my Sunday school class and the music was incredible this Sunday! Cara Dodd and I enjoyed some delicious Amigo's after church and we sat and talked for about 3 hours! Cara and I are firm believers of going out to eat after church and enjoying lazy Sundays. I brought Cara back to her dorm and met up with some friends to see Leap Year. Usually I'm not the romantic comedy kind of person. Well, I am, but I would much rather just wait until they come out on DVD or in the dollar theater. But oh my goodness, this movie was wonderful! So cute! Then, we went with other friends and ate some yummy ice cream from Ice Cream Show--a Chattanooga favorite of mine!

Monday: I didn't know I even had Monday off until Friday right before I left work! Bonus weekend day! Well...not completely though because I still had to wake up at the normal time to take the GRE. I think it went well, but mostly I'm just glad that it's over with and we'll see if my GRE scores are up to the standards of the schools I'm applying to. After the test, I needed a mental break and went to the Terminal with Drexel before we attempted to go "cardboarding" down the hills in Heritage Park with Maddie....keyword in that sentence is attempted. Big fail. Maybe next time, right? The three of us headed over to David's Bridal to have a look at Drexel's beautiful wedding dress and try on some bridesmaid dresses for Maddie. I hung out at Taylor's apartment before hanging out with Erin and heading to bed! Busy Monday to say the least, but it was a fun bonus day in the weekend!!

And now it's Tuesday. Back to work. And now to start with a new season of stuff at work and starting to fill out applications for grad schools. Oh boy.

Seriously, I need to do a better job of taking pictures. Sorry for yet another pictureless blog.

No comments: