Thursday, April 2, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday, Charlotte!!!

Happy Birthday Charlotte!!! Today is my precious niece's first birthday--so in her honor, I decided to relive her first year through some of my favorite pictures of her!

Charlotte Grace Newman; born on April 2, 2008 at 8:30 pm (ish?) She was only hours old in this picture

This is only a few weeks later, but it's so crazy how much she had already grown in such a short amount of time!

The picture below was the beginning of August. I had literally gotten back from camp the day before, drive up to Athens to move in and then babysat Charlotte...So she was about 4 months old here and was just learning how to roll over on her own.

September was a fun month for "Lil Miss" because she was learning how to sit up on her own!

Katie's sister in law (her husband Lee's sister) Beth is a photographer and took pictures of Charlotte up on North Campus in November.

Katie and Lee went to Universal Studios with Lee's band in December so Gigi, G-Paw, and I got to take care of Charlotte for a week! In the beginning of December, she learned how to crawl, and would walk when she had fingers to hold onto so she was on the go!

After coming back in January for my last semester in Athens, I got to look after Charlotte for the afternoon...which means I took pictures! Oh, and if you look carefully, you see two little teeth poking through :)

I've been helping Katie by writing some flag work for the color guard at Elberton. So starting in February, I've been going over to visit every Wednesday to write work and see my niece (and I've been told to report all pictures to the grandparents, so I take pictures haha) Look at how long her hair's getting!!

And then there's March! Still visiting once a week and getting to see this precious little girl, I take pictures of course!

And last, but not least is a picture that I took yesterday, April 1st, which was the closest I could do to take a picture of her the day before her birthday. She was exploring in my purse!

I have loved every second that I have gotten with Charlotte!! She is such a wonderful blessing to me and I know so many others. It has been so great to see her growing, exploring, and learning more about the world around her. I am so excited about the years to come--Here's to many more happy birthdays in store!

HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY CHARLOTTE!!!

No comments: