I'm going to be completely honest. The main motivation I have in writing this blog is to avoid starting a paper that's due Tuesday. I figure I have time....(yep, that's the senioritis talking) But this weekend was just what I wanted and needed.
Thursday: I drove home after class just in time to see Charlotte after her first haircut by Ms. Tammy, the same lady that's cut my hair my whole life! My mom and I went out to get some Mexican food at one of our favorite restaurants...Yum!
Friday: Got my hair trimmed before going to the Good Friday service at my home church with my mom. Afterwards, we went to Einstein Bagels for lunch and ran into one of Kirby's high school friends! It was fun to see Kathryn and catch up with her. Then, we went to go shopping for "work appropriate clothes" (we figure, if I have the clothes, the job will come, right?)...and some other clothes for fun :) when we ran into Susanna Reser!! It was so fun to run into friends and spend that afternoon with my mom. That night, some really bad storms were going through Atlanta, so my parents and I stayed in to play with Wii that my roommate let me borrow and bring home for the weekend! So fun!! I think my parents are addicted...
Saturday: I slept in for a while and it was great! I helped my mom bake tons and tons of cookies for some guests that we were expecting...and by guests, I mean Todd, Joe Brunk, and Ben Carr! They were in town to go to the Braves Home Opener and they couldn't be so close to Marietta without stopping by! I owed Ben some cranberry oatmeal walnut cookies from quite a while ago so I figured we might as well make enough for all 3 of the guys to snack on and bring back home with them. It was fun to catch up with them since I haven't seen them in months! Soon after that, I drove around with my friend "big brother" Shahrukh from high school. Shahrukh has been my "big brother" since junior year in high school when we had a class together, although we had both been in marching band since freshman year. We could not be a more unlikely pair--he is well over 6 feet tall, from Pakistan, and had quite a wild streak a few years back. It was so wonderful to catch up with him and reminisce! That night, my parents and I had burgers for dinner while watching Fireproof. (If you haven't seen it, you really, really ought to! I loved it...and yes, I cried.)
Sunday: I had a cinnamon bagel that my mom and I brought home from lunch on Friday for breakfast and I could not have thought of a better way to start Easter morning! My parents and I went to an incredible Easter service at my home church. The message was incredible and I just pray for the families that come to church on Easter and Christmas that they took away the message of God's love for them. I napped on and off all afternoon watching the Masters...I was a little sad that Angel Cabrerra won because I was rooting for Kenny Perry so he would be the oldest winner of the green jacket...maybe next year. After a delicious Easter dinner, complete with sweet potato casserole (my hands down, absolute favorite homemade dish). And now I'm back in Athens, strapping in for 3 more weeks of classes.
It was a wonderfully relaxing weekend spent with my parents and rejuvinated me to be back home for a few days. I hope each of you had a wonderful Easter weekend--Praise God that Jesus is risen!! I could write pages about how grateful I am to be in love with a God that keeps His promises and forgives all sins through His son.
3 comments:
How fun that you saw Sue!!!
I love that you had such a great weekend and I definitely can't wait to see YOU in three weeks! with hopefully phenomenal news to follow :)
<><
WHOO HOO!! What a fun weekend! I loved Fireproof, and I love the Wii, and I love sweet potatoes!! :)
Post a Comment