Monday, April 6, 2009

"It's okay! I'm a lifeguard!"

I am officially a certified lifeguard!! After 2 weeks of 5:30-9:30 on Mondays and Wednesdays and my 2 Saturdays devoted to my 9-5 class (ugh), I passed the test and I'm a lifeguard! During the water test (where, you guessed it, we had to do all of our "skills" in the water performing the different rescues), we always had to practice talking to the victim....saying "It's okay! I'm a lifeguard! I'm here to help you!" Granted, that will come in handy if I ever do have to save someone from drowning, but it felt super cheesy saying it to someone that's my age who was pretending to drown. Part of the water test was being put into different scenarios to see how we would handle them as a lifeguard. That could be anything from a small child who can't swim that snuck into the deep end, or dealing with fighting teenagers at your pool...It just feel cheesy to act out each the the scenarios...so if I ever had a dream of acting, lifeguarding class ruined those dreams. haha But woohoo--I'm a lifeguard!

No comments: