After unpacking from my trip to Furman, I got all dolled up for our sorority's annual Scholarship Banquet. The girls invite their parents to come in town for the night for dinner, dancing, and awards that are given out to sisters for scholarships, highest GPAs, and funny superlatives.
I slept in on Saturday morning before going to pick up my mom for a day of shopping! The sorority was having a "Mother Daughter Tea" at the house...my mom and I decided we would have more fun on our own rather than at a "stuffy tea" (my mother's words, not mine! haha) So we headed out to the mall in Athens (not a very good one at that...but a mall nonetheless) and did our fair amount of damage. :) As I'm winding up my residency in Athens, I'm trying my best to go to places that are only in Athens so we went to a local Athens sandwich shop called Five Points Deli and it was delicious as always....I need to get better about taking pictures of weekend stuff like the time I had with my mom! (mental note)After a few more errands, my mom and I went to pick up my dad so we could get some dinner. He had been at Katie and Lee's house all day working on projects all around their house. Katie, Lee, and Charlotte were in Augusta for the day for a Newman family reunion, so they left a "To Do" list for my dad so he wouldn't be bored while my mom and I spent the day together. He spent most of the day fixing their closet shelving system that has failed them several times before. My dad does not know how to do a small project, go big or go home is the only way my dad knows how to do a project! So he basically reorganized their whole closet!! We went to a yummy pasta place in Athens called Mirko and I am still enjoying the leftovers--yummmmmy!
I was worn out after a busy day of shopping with my mom!! So after blogging about Becca, I went to bed. My parents were leaving right when church is and I had a load of stuff to pack up and send home with them, so I was a rebel and skipped church to start packing up my room before the end of the school year. They took me out to lunch before they headed home. I was so grateful to spend the weekend with them! I have such wonderful parents that are so willing to come up and visit whenever they get the chance. :)

After lunch, I went to the Alpha Gam house for a Bridal Shower for Kim Matthews who is getting married July 11th! It was her first of many showers to come and it was super fun! We were assigned times of day, like breakfast time, party time, bed time, and several others and got gifts accordingly. I was assigned game time, so of course I thought of Game Day! I bought Matt and Kim a super cute red and black Georgia chips and salsa platter (with chips and salsa included! haha) and a
couple of coozies to make the present complete for any tailgating experience! haha She got a ton of great gifts...she and Matt will need all of the help that they can get because she is a high school math teacher and he will be in Med school for the next 4 years!Even though the weekend was hardly restful, it was so much fun!! I only have one more full weekend in Athens since I will be coming up to Chattanooga the first weekend in May for a little bit. Hopefully this week will not be too hectic, but I am just so grateful to see the end in sight and enjoy the warm weather in the mean time.
No comments:
Post a Comment