I could not have asked for a better long, last full weekend in Athens! (I'll be in Chattanooga next Saturday afternoon through Sunday afternoon, let me know if you're free!!) The weekend started Thursday afternoon when I skipped a class, picked up Kathryn, and headed to the pool. My pledge class in the sorority planned a "pre-formal barbeque" so we all spent the afternoon in the pool (and yes, I was the only sporting the one piece as always; proud of it!), ate hotdogs and chips for dinner, and had lots of fun!After an early afternoon nap on Friday, I went to help out with
the guard auditions in Elbert County. Even though it's an hour drive out there, I'm glad that I get the chance to help out Katie and Lee whenever I can! I rushed back to get ready for my last Formal with the sorority. I wore my roommate's Formal dress that she wore last year so I got to dress up for free! Even better than just plain dressing up! :) We went out to a fancy dinner downtown with all of the girls in my pledge class...fortunately
we had the whole upstairs room to ourselves because when you get about 30 girls that know each other plus their dates, we tend to get really loud! Dinner was delicious even though slightly over priced. Formal was a ton of fun as always but exhausting!!After being worn out from formal, I slept in (until about 10, but that's late for me these days!) before heading out to the pool again. Our friends' roommate threw them a surprise bon voyage party (one of them is studying abroad this summer and the other is heading off to grad school this fall). Their parents were there and cooked us a yummy lunch on the grill! I felt like I was at a high school pool party, especially since I haven't been to the pool
this much since high school! (Seeing as I spend my summers at the beautiful lake at camp...thus, no pools in sight.) 4 hours in the sun, 3 applications of sunscreen, and 2 nalgenes later, I had one very red and semi-splotchy sunburn. :( I got ready to go meet my wonderful friend Annie for dinner. She came to pick me up and surprised me with flowers and a card for an early graduation present!! (We joked because it felt like we were a couple celebrating an anniversary or something, but it was a wonderful surprise just the same.) Oh, and the wine glass was the best make-shift vase that I could find...but pretty flowers, super sweet card, and cute picture! We sat outside and talked for hours on the porch at On the Border because the night time air was perfect.I got to go to church with my little sister from Alpha Gam, Jenna, and then to lunch at McAlisters. It was so wonderful to catch up with her as always! Saying goodbye to friends is expensive because it always involves going out to eat!! It's worth it though if I get to spend quality time with friends in the end. I spent the afternoon working on one of my four papers that are that are due this week...UGH! My friend Elizabeth came over for dinner tonight and now it's back to the books.
4 papers,
3 days of class,
2 finals,
and 1 project away from Graduation!!
No comments:
Post a Comment