Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Where I've called "home"

As the school year is quickly coming to an end, I had a sudden shock of "Oh my goodness, I have to move out when I graduate!" So before I started packing up, I decided to take a picture of where I've lived in Athens since August so my blog followers can see where I rest my head after long days of studying...and socializing too of course!

When I first walk into my room, this is what I see! I make my bed 98% of the time and my room is usually tidied up, so I didn't even have to clean up for my photo shoot! And yes, those 2 pillows in front are Vera Bradley! My mom ordered Vera Bradley napkins in one pattern and fabric strips in another pattern. Both of the patterns had black, pink, yellow, and green--Hence, the colors of my room and bathroom!

To the right of my bed is my bathroom and closet doors. I call this wall my "Georiga wall" because of my birthday present bulldog that my dad bought for me, my paddle from the little sister in the sorority, and then over my closet are pictures that my brother-in-law's sister, Beth who is a professional photographer, took from the sidelines at UGA football games this fall. My dad picked out his favorite pictures and had them blown up and here they are! (And to brag, I put that book case on the left together all by myself!)

Last, but not least, is my desk. I don't really use it very often because I can't stand just staring at a wall when I'm working on school work, but I love the crosses (that I found super cheap at Hobby Lobby) and the picture that my friend Kiran painted and mailed to my one summer at camp. I am all about having pictures every where to remind my how wonderful my friends and family are--and it makes for easy decorating! And below is my bathroom. Nothing exciting...I did luck out in getting the biggest bathroom though (in lou of getting the smallest bedroom, but not a big deal). I carried on the theme of green, yellow, and pink. And the 2 pictures are wood panels that I found at Wal Mart last summer! I love finding cute things that are super cheap!










Well, that's about it. The rest of my apartment is nothing special because we got a furnished apartment, aka couches that were designed in the 80s with geometric shapes on the pillows in gross browns and blues.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love your room! and i love the picture of us with susan on the top left above the bed!

everything is so cute. move to chattanooga and set it up again, please!!!
<><

Anonymous said...

Fun!! You will be so glad you took pictures. I need to CLEAN my apt. and take some "final" pictures before the big move!! :) Talk to you soon!