Tuesday, March 31, 2009

What day is it again?

This weekend could only be described as a whirlwind.

Friday morning consisted of working out, studying, then taking a midterm for my independent study course. After the test, I went to work on a paper that I had due on Monday, met with Kristel (a WONDERFUL girl on staff with Crossroads that disciples me), and then went to dinner with my little sister in the sorority, Jenna. We stuffed our faces at Chili's, but even better, we sat and talked for HOURS. :) We're both graduating in WEEKS so we're both in the same boat with decision making, the unknown, etc. I am so grateful to have wonderful friends that encourage my faith.

I woke up at 9:05 for my lifeguarding class that starts at 9:00. Awesome. I got there late obviously, but was relieved when my instructor was not too upset. Let's just say this guy could be Paul Houston's twin. No joke--same sense of humor and even looks like they could be related. So after sitting in the classroom until noon, rushing home for a quick lunch (especially for the slow eater that I am, 30 minutes to eat is hardly enough time!), then headed back to spend the afternoon in the pool going over spinal injury rescue procedures, I was worn out!!! But no time for rest--I showered, finished packing, and hopped in the car to drive to Chattanooga. Alex and I sat on the couch working on our seperate projects, snacking on popcorn and ice cream, and most importantly enjoying each other's company.

I cannot wait until I prayerfully live in Chattanooga so I can a) not have to depend on the Geyers and the Walkers every chance I'm there for the weekend (not that I don't love staying with them, but I am so worried over coming a hassle or a burden) and b) so I can thank them somehow in some little way.

Other than going to SMPC with the Walkers and Chris Raynolds, Sunday morning is top secret. :) But really, pray for job opportunities for me in Chattanooga. They're becoming more and more of a reality as graduation is coming closer and closer--38 days! After church, we all went to Fortune House Chinese buffet up on the mountain then back to the Walkers for an exciting game of Scrabble. Alex and I watched girly movies that were on TV for a while before she had to go back to the church for Dig Deep and I had to get back on the road. At this point, I was so tired and felt like I was going non-stop for the last three days, I could hardly keep what day it was straight in my mind. I went home to Marietta for the night and had some time to unwind with a homecooked, mom-made meal. :) Everything tastes better when my mom makes it.

And then it was back to the grind. We had to do a "practicum" for lifeguarding where we sat with another certified lifeguard at the Y in the chair to see what it was like to lifeguard on our own. The hardest part was not being familiar with the kids or the rules like I do at camp. I had an hour off before I went back to the certification class from 5:30-9:30. I have another week night class on Wednesday and then the test on Saturday and I'll be FREE!!! Woohoo!!!

Well, that was my insane, non-stop, tiring, and wonderful weekend. I'm grateful to be back into a routine for a little bit, even though I have a crazy busy week leading into another busy (but not as busy) weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you could never become a burden. EVER! If I got to see you at my house more often, things would be much more relaxed around here :)
<><