Friday, March 13, 2009

Back and ready to blog

I just wanted to let my handful of readers that I am back safely in Marietta for the weekend from NYC until I'm forced back to Athens for the last couple of months of school. (Actually....this past Monday, the 9th was officially 2 months until I'll be rocking my cap and gown as a college graduate!) New York sightseeing was INCREDIBLE and the ministry was WONDERFUL! I'll try my best to break up my trip into separate blogs so they make the most sense. We had 3 main parts of the trip: sightseeing, sharing on campuses, and working with the homeless ministries on Coney Island. Hang in there through all of my posts and you'll find out all about my last Spring Break!

Just in case you were wondering though, we stayed in Harlem--Eek! I very quickly...like within hours, decided that Kristin Mardis is not cut out for living the city life. I'll stick with the suburbs, thankyouverymuch. haha I loved it as a vacation though! I am slightly plumper thanks to eating 3 full meals a day, with a much thinner wallet (holy cow everything is expensive in that city!), and worn out!! And on that note, I'm going to bed! Check in soon for all of the fun stories, pictures, and memories from my trip to the Big Apple. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay!! I'm glad you made it back safely and that you are back at blogging too! :) Can't wait to read about your visit to the Big Apple!!