Monday, March 23, 2009

This weekend wore me out!

This was a busy, but well worth the lack of sleep weekend! After my crazy week of working on my project (see post below), I was worn out! So I decided to take the day off of classes on Friday (I only have one on Fridays, so it hardly counts!) Sleeping in was the first on my "To Do" list. Kathryn and I decided to enjoy the spring weather and go for a long walk at the Botanical Gardens (not that pretty yet because hardly anything had bloomed), picked up some Subway, and then shopped for the rest of the afternoon. That night, my wonderful friend since my sophomore year of high school, Annie Chambers, met me for dinner at Doc Chey's. We got dressed up and met up with some friends downtown and stayed up late, but it was so fun!

After only a few hours of sleep, I woke up to go to our sorority's International Reunion Day. We had a catered lunch and were then initiated as official Alumni of Alpha Gamma Delta. Woohoo! I cleaned up the apartment and took a looooong nap before meeting up with the seniors to eat dinner at Mellow Mushroom and meet up with the alumni afterwards. It was fun to see girls that graduated a few years ago and catch up with how they were doing. It's been a while since I've hung out with girls in the sorority just for the heck of it and I really had a lot of fun with them! My roommate Chandler was insistent on taking a TON of pictures because she says we need to capture our last few days at UGA, so take pictures we did! I have a ton on facebook, so I'll put up a couple of my favorites. haha *The last one would be something that only Georgia football fans would understand--but we heard a song that they play on gamedays in the stadium, we got a little emotional/sappy that we wouldn't have another football season as students. :(

Sunday morning's church service was incredible. 11 people were baptized in the first service and then another 11 in the 2nd service!! And I think 4 or 5 people had accepted Christ within the last week--!!!!!!!! I think it can be so easy to just hear that and think "Oh, that's neat. Good for them." But something I've come to realize/remember is how HUGE and life altering that decision really is. HUGE decision. That afternoon I went swimming to prepare myself for lifeguarding certification which starts, um, today. Lame. And then we had Elizabeth Cox, mine and Kathryn's roommate from sophomore year, over for dinner and watching Desperate Housewives.

I am worn out but had such a great, longer than normal, busy weekend! School is winding down a bit but everything else is starting back up, like lifeguarding and hanging out with my friends my last few weeks of college. 46 days until the big day.

No comments: