A lot of people chuckle when I tell them that I'm working for a company, and I have to admit, it's understandable that they do. Reasons why I understand: a) I mean, it's a ribbon company, who knew they even had those, right? b) This job has ZERO to do with my major. c) What all can you do in a day with ribbons?
I get to work around 7:30 and stay until 4:00 and I am going non-stop the whole time that I'm there. There are around 10-15 employees where I work, which is much more than I expected! Ribbons and Bows orders hundreds of spools of different sizes, styles, and colors of ribbons and we get those orders in several times a week. We print about 90% of the patterned ribbons at the warehouse ourselves, and then cut most of the 100 yard spools into 20 or 5 yard pieces. Then, we use a machine to roll the cut ribbon onto spools, print barcode labels to put on each spool, and put up the orders on the shelves (which there are rows and rows of shelves in this huge warehouse). That usually takes up a couple of hours in the morning and there are probably 7-8 of us working on those tasks at a time (printing, cutting, or rolling the ribbons).

After the rolling is at least manageable (there are people cutting and rolling ribbon pretty much the whole work day), others of us start to collect orders. Or I will be scanning the orders into the computer while 2 other people are packing and working on shipment stuff.
I have really actually enjoyed working there, much more than I thought I would. I'm busy all day, the other employees are so helpful since I'm the new girl and really nice, and I'm starting to get the hang of how everything goes.
This might all sound like a bunch of babble...it probably would have to me a week ago, but I hope that at least clears up some questions some of yall have been asking me! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment