What a weekend!!! Granted, I haven't been in school or working...so as many have joked, every day is the "weekend" for me since camp in essence. But when everyone else is on their weekend, it makes life much more fun!

I have been looking forward to this weekend ever since camp ended because I knew that it would be a weekend full of camp friends! Katy Fisher and I met in Chattanooga on Friday afternoon for dinner at Amigo's with friends, then heading to Lowe's to visit Reilly at work. After

hanging out and laughing a lot, I left to meet up with Maddie and Drexel to spend the night at Drexel's, but not before taking a couple of pictures!
Katy and I loaded up her car on Saturday morning and headed towards Knoxville. We caught up with some wonderful girls that afternoon and met up with even more great girls from this summer for a hibachi grill dinner at Wasahbi.

After we stuffed our faces with fried rice and teriyaki chicken, we met up with
even more amazing camp friends at Starbuck's for a quick caffeine fix. After some convincing, we gave into Kelsey Bull's suggestion of going to Cotton Eyed Joe's, a line dancing place in Knoxville!!! haha When we pulled up, we were led to our parking spots by guys riding horses. And when we walked in, we saw short jean skirts, cowboy boots, and teased overly hairsprayed hair every where we turned. But it was SO MUCH FUN!!! The "regulars" knew the dances to every single song, and believe me, there were much more than the usual camp hoedowns that were much more involved than dances liked Amos Moses!! haha Oh yeah, and the building was painted like cow print....

Sunday morning, we slept in before heading into Kelsey's parents lake house on Lake Norris,

about an hour away from Knoxville. Even though it was drizzling, the afternoon was a blast! Her parents grilled some corn, made some spinach dip,

and sandwiches for a filling lunch before going out to the lake. Kelsey's parents own a pontoon boat as well as a ski boat so all of us spent the afternoon on the lake skiing and relaxing. After enjoying hours on the lake, we packed up our cars and made our way back to Volunteer Country. (bleh, too much orange for me!)
Kelsey made us dinner while we cleaned up and got ready for Boom's Day. We miraculously fit 12 people into Andy Arick's truck...which, in case you were wondering, we asked some cops if it was legal for people to ride in the bed of a truck while driving and it is, as long as all of the passengers are sitting down... and we were on our way to watch fireworks! It was a thirty minute show of fireworks that coordinated with music. The fireworks were okay, but the company was even better. There were a ton of camp friends from this past summer!!

We were sad to say our goodbyes to all of our friends, but knew that it had to come. Katy and I woke up and drove back to Chattanooga. We met up with Jon Williams at the Yellow Deli for lunch and caught up with Reilly before Katy had to get back on the road to Birmingham. Reilly invited me to join his family for a Labor Day cook out. It was so fun to surprise Alex, enjoy the Liner, Walker, and friends' company for an afternoon, and eat yummy food!
All in all, these past three days have been a blessing to say the least. I am so blessed to have joyful friends that love the Lord and know how to love each other so well. I'm pretty sure this weekend was a slice of Heaven on earth...but man, am I tired!!! It's time for me to sleep now!
1 comment:
Oh my goodness. That sounds like the best weekend ever! Im so glad you got to see everyone and spend quality time with people. Im sure it was awesome. I miss you and hope you are doing well!
Post a Comment