3Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. 4Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, 5to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.
6Similarly, encourage the young men to be self-controlled. 7In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness 8and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned, so that those who oppose you may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us.
15These, then, are the things you should teach. Encourage and rebuke with all authority. Do not let anyone despise you.
There is a lady at First Pres that has recently started a "Titus Two Women's Ministry". I was a little skeptical, but wanted to get involved in the church so I signed up to be apart of it. We have only met once, but Katie Dowlen (Sam Dowlen's mom for those of you who are wondering) has already shown me how her heart is in this ministry. When I missed the second time we met as a group due to job (or lack there of) craziness, she emailed me to set up a time that we could met for coffee or lunch, which is exactly what we did today! I just got back from having a long lunch at Green Life with Katie out in the sun. We enjoyed the weather and each other's fellowship! She is such a blessing and I really look forward to getting to know her better. I am definitely looking forward to seeing this ministry of Titus 2 grow.
No comments:
Post a Comment