Monday, October 12, 2009

100?!? Let's count 'em!

I'm not original. I stole this idea from Emily Geyer's 100th blog post because I loved it so much. So go grab a drink, sit back, and, if you can make it all the way through...here are 100 little tidbits about Kristin Mardis.

1. If there's a pen or a pencil in my hand, I will chew on it.
2. I line up the logos on the Starbuck's cup with the logo on the sleeve.
3. I didn't eat the coffee cake my whole first summer at camp...tragic, I know.
4. Hate oreos, love oreo cake.
5. When I was in elementary school, I had two gerbils; PJ and Scamper.
6. There are very few things that I look back on and wish were different, but if you asked, I could only say that I have one regret.
7. I admit it, I'm vain about my hair color.
8. When something bothers me, I will get out of bed/my chair to fix it.
9. I used to want to be a marine biologist.
10. I don't like to watch basketball.
11. One of my biggest pet peeves is when people don't wash their hands after going to the bathroom.
12. I had half of a wall dedicated to each of the members of NSync in middle school.
13. Toddler years=Kristin with a bowl cut.
14. I sleep with my stuffed bear puffalump and an eye mask on; every night. without fail.
15. I've been known to pull a loose hair off a stranger's shirt because it bothers me so much.
16. I have a total of 9 holes in my ears.
17. I crack my knuckles.
18. I get into ruts with cereal. Currently, it's multigrain cheerios and smart start.
19. My teeth were crooked when I was younger because I tried to fly down the stairs as a kid.
20. Usually, I will eat 2 or more bowls of cereal a day.
21. My friends call me the "mom" of the group, and I love it.
22. I put on my slippers as soon as I get home.
23. I sleep with my socks on in the winter.
24. I'm super cold natured.
25. Since moving out for college, I have spent less than 3 weeks at home at a time.
26. My medals from Science Olympiad are still on display in my room at my parent's house.
27. For Invention Convention in 4th grade, I submitted a "self watering gerbil bowl" that would fill it self back up with water when it was empty. I didn't win.
28. I didn't know how to do laundry until about a week before I left for college.
29. I don't sort my laundry into darks and lights.
30. My hardest week of being a counselor was when I had a diabetic camper in my cabin.
31. I went to Girl Scout camps when I was younger.
32. I accepted Christ when I was in 7th grade on a retreat.
33. Lady in Waiting is a huge part of my understanding Christ.
34. I am a firm believer that it is not a "new season" until it smells like it outside.
35. I had mono the beginning of my freshman year of college.
36. It bothers me when people lie to me and say I can sing, I know I can't.
37. Starbuck's drink: non-fat, no whip white mocha
38. Diet coke tastes best from the fountain, second best from a can.
39. Sweet potato casserole would be apart of my last meal if I had to choose.
40. My friends in high school put bets that I would be the first of our group of friends to get married.
41. I'm very big on how things smell, especially when connecting memories.
42. Overly romantic, mushy gushy stuff freaks me out in relationships.
43. Whoopi Goldberg and I have the same birthday; November 13th.
44. I forged my mom's signature in 3rd grade because I left my recorder for music class at home.
45. I could eat strawberry flavored anything. Period.
46. When I was little, I threw up grape flavored Tylenol and have hated grape flavored things ever since.
47. Tradition is a HUGE deal.
48. I have a birthmark in the shape of Africa on my lower back.
49. My thumbs bend back to a 90 degree angle.
50. A goal I will achieve in my lifetime: run a half marathon.
51. Even if I like the taste of the food, I won't eat it if I texture bothers me. ie-tomatoes, pickles, crab meat
52. The Little Mermaid is my all time favorite Disney movie.
53. Most disgusting words ever--crusty and chunky
54. I'm really really ticklish.
55. I wish I went camping and hiking more often, or ever for that matter.
56. I looooove to cook.
57. I got lost in Uptons when I was five years old.
58. Throughout middle and high school, I never once got a detention or silent lunch.
59. I am terrified of getting in trouble by any authority figure.
60. When the first plane hit the WTC on 9/11, I was finishing a Spanish test my freshman year of high school.
61. I told my parents that I was allergic to my sheets when I was little because I didn't like sleeping with the top sheet over me.
62. Wasps and roaches are straight from the devil.
63. Camp Vesper Point = my heart.
64. I wish I could be fluent in Spanish.
65. My (potential) future husband and I will have serious issues if he snores.
66. The whole school had to evacuate because a teacher thought there was a bomb in her classroom...it was a band kid's metronome.
67. I have grandma knees.
68. Most of the time I'm pretty even tempered, but when I'm in a bad mood, you'll know.
69. My mom wanted to name me Kirsten.
70. Katie, my oldest sister, wanted to put me in a boy suit after I was born because she already had a sister and wanted a brother.
71. I love being the youngest. :)
72. I used to fake my hiccups.
73. When I go to a movie theater, I would much rather see an action movie over a girly movie.
74. I never left the parking lot for my license test.
75. My family and I were on vacation in our motor home when Princess Diana died.
76. I spent over 8 1/2 hours on the phone all night with my high school boyfriend. Insane.
77. I have loved twice but never been in love.
78. My toenails are painted 99% of the time.
79. I love Harry Potter. Books, movie, everything.
80. I used to act out Power Rangers with my friends in elementary school.
81. When I was 3, I wanted to be a dirty sock for Halloween.
82. The sorority presented me with the "campiest award"--best award ever.
83. "The greatest thing you'll ever know is just to love and be loved in return."
84. Spelling errors drive me crazy.
85. People need to use their blinkers when they change lanes--seriously!
86. I have to sleep with all of the doors closed, unless it's the bathroom door that's connected to the room, that has to be open.
87. Chunky peanut butter is gross.
88. If I went on Survivor, I would have a hard time picking between chapstick and the Bible as my one item.
89. I pretended that I still believed in Santa for another Christmas because I didn't want to disappoint my parents that I found out the truth...
90. My first kiss was in 8th grade on Halloween.
91. Pets should have pet names, not people names.
92. I was the captain of the color guard for 3 years and loved it.
93. Even though I'm determined I have a hard time finishing a task because I start working on something else.
94. I used to change my purses every day in high school to match my outfit.
95. I had a gap between my 2 front teeth until high school--thanks braces!
96. My role in the 1st grade Christmas play--talking boy elf.
97. I hate typing while wearing a watch.
98. No, I didn't write this list all in one sitting.
99. Baked goods are my downfall.
100. Whenever I spell answer, I always always say ans...wer in my head.

Whew! Congrats on making it through all 100! Now, you know a lot more about me and I can get back to blogging like normal because this took me several sittings to sit through and type.

Happy 100 to me!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is why we are best friends:
#6-I know the answer to this.
#36-I have never ever lied to you when it comes to your singing abilities.
#52-I apologize because I said chunky on the phone the other day.
#101-You call your sisters burger and deary and it is the most hilarious thing I have ever heard.
#102-you match your vera bradley patterns according to types of use ( I know this because I do the same thing.)
#103-You have italian dinners on christmas
#104-you were baptized at Camp Vesper Point when you were 21 years old.

haha...just thought I would add some that I thought should be on there. I love you best friend! I am going to copy soon..I will start tonight!