Tuesday, July 6, 2010

My 5th 4th


I should just stop prefacing every post by saying my life is crazy/wonderful...but it's the truth!!

After coming back from camp, I didn't have much time to get into the swing of things, but leave it to a holiday weekend to throw off whatever normalcy I had going for me!

Last Thursday, I got to have dinner at David and Emily Geyer's with Ryan Davis, Cate Gilmer, and Megan Stephens!! How fun is it that Chattanooga is home to so many and a stopping place for so many others?! It was a blessing to catch up with old camp friends who I wish I got to see more often. I realized that I really had worked at camp forever when I mentioned David, Emily, and Cate to some of the staff that are working there this year and they didn't know who I was talking about! Weird...

On Friday, I squeezed in a chance to visit one of my middle school girl's drama camp production of Aristocats! Hannah was Dutchess and I was so glad I made the stop before heading to Marietta!
I got to see my now 3 month old niece (as of today!!) on Friday night after having dinner in Marietta with my parents. Kirby and I stayed up late talking, slept in, and then talked some more. It was so fun to see this little peanut and talk to one of my sisters.
After a day of being lazy at the Cleland's, I went to pick up my Mimi and spent the night at my parent's house before a 4th of July tradition--the Peachtree Road Race with my dad!! The Peachtree is the world's biggest 10 K that's always on the 4th of July with over 55,000 people! It was exhausting, but so worth it! It was Peachtree #5 for me and #22 for my daddy!!

After some rest and a much needed shower, family started coming to the Mardis household. My aunt (dad's sister), her daughter (my cousin-duh), daughter in law, and my cousin's kids (second? third cousins?) and both of my sister's/their families were there with us! It was so fun to spend the afternoon with them, especially with all of the kids running around.
I headed back to Kirby's house that night so all three girls could be at the same place together. I really wanted to enjoy a late night of talking and playing pounce, but I fell asleep on the couch!! I guess that 10K really did wear me out (either that of the 5:15 AM alarm...)

I got to see my "big brother" Shahrukh this weekend too which has become a once a year rendezvous for us.

All in all, it was a WONDERFUL holiday weekend and I even got to spend some extra time with Katie, Kirby, Lee, Charlotte, and Felicity on Monday. After more time in the car, I made it to a cookout at Bailey Conner and Becca Hart! I loved seeing lots of old camp friends in such a short period of time!

But now it's time to get some work done...actually, I have lots of work to do! More on that later! :)

No comments: