Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Juggling

This past week was INCREDIBLE.

I'm so glad I got the chance to be a counselor for a wonderful group of eight 8 and 9 year old girls. They were SO fun, very high energy, and helped to remind me the root of Vesper Point--The Gospel. These girls asked some really tough questions about sin, Satan, grace, and everything in between and I was blown away by the depth of their questions (even if they didn't know how big their questions really were).

I got to teach ski clinic, blob, eat yummy camp food, hear lots of testimonies, share the Gospel and the best part--prayed with 2 of my girls to accept Christ!!!! I had several people ask me this past week whether I liked being a counselor or working on the dock better and here was my answer:
Both. I loved being on the water, driving boats, and serving the girls on staff by supporting and praying for them more specifically since I could focus on them since I didn't have a cabin to focus on. But at the same time, I missed experiences like sharing the Gospel, answering those hard questions, and having girls like the campers look up to me. If you don't miss being in a cabin while on staff, then you have no business being at camp. It's a blessing to serve in any capacity at CVP however God calls you and all I can say is that I was grateful for another chance to serve up at camp for summer #5(ish).
While I was at camp last week, I took Wednesday off so I could drive to church and caravan 16 middle schoolers to the Hiawasee with Jeff Reid. It was soooo much fun; relaxing at certain points and semi-stressful at others. It was quite a hilarious challenge to try and keep our group together, especially over the rapids!! We had some great conversations and I was reminded why I was working at the church this summer rather than at camp (not like I was doubting my decision to be at church for one second)

Needless to say, I was beyond exhausted by Wednesday night after driving 5 hours, tubing, and then going to the hoedown, much less on Saturday morning!! As long as I didn't stop, I didn't realize my sleep-deprived state of living, but once I slowed down, my body revolted.

But there is no rest for the weary--I had plans for Monday--SIX FLAGS! Allie, Jessie, Katy Fisher and myself had planned a while ago that we would go to Six Flags on Monday. It was a blast!!! By 2 am last night when I crawled into bed, I was craving sleep desperately. I'm slowly unwinding. I knew that these last 2 weeks have not been the norm but I know that my body is not made to stay in limbo and juggle 2 more than full time jobs at once!
Oh yeah, and some of my other girls got into my house and post-ited my room. I hope they know that this means war. :)

No comments: