Friday, June 11, 2010

I can show you the world!

*Note: I wrote this post on Friday afternoon, so keep that in mind with whatever tenses I used. Okay, now you can keep reading.

I loooooove working with my middle school girls.

After leaving camp, I went straight to Mellow Mushroom to see my girls that I felt like I hadn't been around in forever (although it was only Wednesday and I spent Sunday night with them!) After lunch with a goofy waiter, we went to the one and only Chattanooga Dragon Dreams--a dragon (and other mystical creatures) museum. Yes. This is for real. And we took pictures to prove the ridiculousness of this place. Glorious.


On Thursday, I took one of my girls our for a birthday breakfast before I brought her up to camp. Jessie is going to be the nanny for Jerry and Heather for several weeks this summer and was a little nervous about going up there on her own. After putting several more miles on my car that was eventually packed with 3 middle school girls and a puppy far from her house (dog sitting the parent's pup for the weekend), we set off on a middle-school only adventure...a photo scavenger hunt! We met at Clumpies for some ice cream before clicking lots of pictures, laughing a ton, and sweating a little bit more that we wanted to. It was hilarious and super fun!

Everyone on the team had to have a blue tongue...so we used painters tape!

Capturing our reflection in an unexpected place

And the quote portion: "I can show you the world"

Today, I met up with most of the youth staff to head to Sam's to stock up on snacks, waters, and other goodies for our high school mission trip that is just over a week away! I'm not going since Jeff Reid and I will be needed to hold down the fort while the high schoolers and other staff will be serving in Fairmont, West Virginia. The rest of my afternoon was enjoyed relaxing at the pool with Anna, one of my 8th grade girls that is going to CVP for her first time next week! And now, I have my feet propped up with Mitzi curled up at my feet, as I take a break from folding laundry, swiffering the floor, and scrubbing the bathroom...some much needed rest because I am worn out! It has been a crazy kind of week and I've loved every minute of it! I thought it would be an adjustment to get back in the swing of things after leaving camp, so I figured I might as well jump in head first!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is that dragon museum in someone's HOUSE???? That is so weird! Ugh!