Monday, November 15, 2010

Ghost of Birthdays Past

I love birthdays. And if you known me for, well...any amount of time, you know this little fact about me. I love them because it's the one day a year when it's all about me. And I don't mean for that to sound nearly as childish and selfish as it does, but on that one day, I hear from friends I haven't heard from in months (sometimes years, thanks to facebook), I see friends I usually haven't seen in a day or a month or more, and we celebrate. And who doesn't love a good celebration?!

Flashback to the last few birthdays:

Freshman Year of College I celebrated with high school friends (made complete with my freshman 15) at Chili's. Yeah, that was about it. I think I needed a reminder of home and that was exactly it.


Sophomore year was a great birthday. Minus the fact that we had to sit through sorority elections for 3+ hours, but the outcome was exciting because that was the night that I was elected Vice President of Operations so all of Exec went out to celebrate. The sorority had just started a game of assassin as of 12:01 AM...I was the first one to get out. lame.



Junior Year was the big 2-1. It turned out to be less eventful than other birthdays, but still fun to eat out at Speakeasy with friends.


Senior year was definitely one of my favorites. It was a birthday of never-ending desserts and surprise decorations. I loved it and was so grateful for friends that helped make it that way. (Shout out to Kathryn Brown for the decorations, one of the yummy cakes, and going out to eat with me for my birthday meal the most!)





Last year was memorable to say the least, but so much fun because I had so many friends that came in town to celebrate! Having friends from camp that go to school in so many different cities, it meant to much that we could meet in the middle to celebrate my birthday. It was weird having a birthday that wasn't in Athens or Marietta, but I was overjoyed to call Chattanooga my home.





This year was one of my favorite birthdays. I was overwhelmed with how much people showed they cared in the little (and big ways) with gifts, cards, and especially all of those that drove in from out of town! It helps that Chattanooga is so central and that it's a city that a lot of my friends like to come to, but I know how busy life can be and stopping your life for even a day to drive to another city can be a lot, but knowing that means makes the traveling mean even more. Taylor was in charge of party planning (LOVE YOU!) and picture duty, but those haven't been loaded on fb quite yet...so you'll have to wait for those.

1 comment:

Taylor Huddleston said...

Love this post... almost as much as I love you!