Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful.

I have so much that I am thankful for. This year has been a year of roller coaster emotions and experiences but throughout all of it, God's hand has been present and that is what I am most grateful for.

This time last year, I was trying my best to figure out what the heck I was doing as a middle school youth leader. I loved every second of it and will cherish my time spent there. Although I'm sad that that opportunity couldn't continue past August, I am so blessed to still be apart of the students' lives and a member of such a wonderful, God centered, and loving church. 

I have so many blessings through First Pres but the 2 that come to mind are Bob and Lisa Franklin and Kelly and Cary. Bob and Lisa have given me irreplaceable friendship and advice, a free home to live in, and an always reliable source of comfort. I just recently posted about Kelly and Cary, but I can't say enough how much of a blessing their friendship has been to me. The timing was perfect and I wouldn't have been able to be as good of a friend to them had my life been the same pace as it had been 6 months ago. 

I'm so thankful for not knowing future plans. I'm a planner to say the least and I don't always feel this way, but I'm glad to know that God has some great plans in my future and it's okay that I don't know what they are. I'm waiting to hear back from grad schools to see if I can start school for counseling in the spring. We'll have to wait and see whatever the future holds and if that means I'll be back in Marietta or still in Chattanooga and broke either way. :) But I'm just excited for the opportunity and for friends and family that have been so supportive of my decision to go back to school (if I get in). 

My list could go on and on. I am so blessed that I have lists of blessings and that is the biggest blessing of all. I am so grateful that we have a day set aside to share our gratitude with friends, family, and strangers alike.

And last but not least, I'm thankful the little blog that could. I love getting to look back and see my memories documented since August of 2008--man, that seems like so long ago! I love the 10 of you that read this and live life with me from near and far and LOVE getting to read each of your blogs so I feel like we can share that connect. 

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

No comments: