Last Thursday afternoon, Katie took the dogs outside and heard a terrible noise coming from our closet in our garage that holds our water heater. Hours later, it still sounded like it was about to take off so we called my dad for a more "professional" opinion. The over-the-phone diagnosis wasn't good. The water heater has officially gone kaput. With my dad on speaker phone, I sloshed through the puddle (it had been leaking for a while at this point...), dead leaves, and probably a few other disgusting things that I didn't see (and didn't want to see) to hook up a hose and turn off the gas valve to the water heater. Am I handy, or what?!
Thankfully my dad could make a few calls to plumbers and the man that is helping them set up how they want to re-do the master bath. Friday and Saturday were spent with plumbers, Mike the bathroom man, and more plumbers coming over to get us a new hot water heater! We had to rent a hotel room in Kennesaw for Friday night so we could all shower!! haha Another part of the fiasco is dealing with a toddler and 2 pooches whenever people would come over. Katie and I would switch off being the spokesperson with whoever came over and manning the dogs and kid. It made for an eventful few days!!
But it's finally all sorted out and we have a new hot water heater and thankfully have hot water at the Mardis house again! Also, in case you are wondering...I know a whole lot more about the plumbing system and hot water heaters now!
No comments:
Post a Comment