Wednesday, May 16, 2012

FB in the Mountains

This past Friday, Bonnie, Mary, Alexa, and myself loaded up Mary's car without enough (warm) clothing and with way too much food for a two day trip. FB#2 had this trip planned for a few weeks so we were exciting to finally be getting away for a girly weekend in the mountains. Bonnie's parents have a house in Highlands, NC and let me tell you--it is adorable! The house, the town, everything.

We got to the house after a few detours in time to pour a glass or two of wine and slip into the more lukewarm than hot tub for a few hours. It was so great for us to chat uninterrupted without things to do, texts to answer, or any other list of distractions. 

After a chill night and a good night's sleep, we headed into town and grabbed some coffee at Buck's and planned on doing some hiking, but sadly it started drizzling. 
Fear not though, we still got to enjoy the adorable shops in the main part of Highlands before driving to see some of the sights outside of town in the more mountainy parts. 

Our first stop was this awesome little structure...I'm not even sure what it is or how it's made, but either way, it was legit and the perfect photo op--even in with our unshowered getup. 
After driving under a little waterfall (pictures failed), we headed back to the house to rest up and shower. It was great to take an afternoon nap and just be lazy with friends. Something I can never get enough of and moments that I hope I never take for granted. 

We got all dolled up (side note: I totally should have packed jeans...shorts were not sufficient for the chillier than expected weather!) and headed back to town for a yummy dinner at the Ugly Dog. 
After dinner, we watched a Lifetime movie (bound to happen when Bonnie has the remote) and headed to bed since we had to wake up super early all so I could make it to orientation at Anthro.

A great FB weekend that we all loved and was definitely needed for all of us both personally and for our friendships.

No comments: