Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Rehearsing my Bowing

This past Thursday night kicked off Kathleen's wedding weekend with the Rehearsal and dinner! Firstly, I was just excited to see everyone and know that Kathleen would be marrying a wonderful man in the next 24 hours. But once I got to see, hug, and catch up with some of my favorites, it was time to rehearse. I had no idea what was going on before the rehearsal since Kathleen and Avery were doing a full Catholic Mass for their ceremony...and I really didn't have much more of an idea after the rehearsal either!
Waiting for the rehearsal to start!
The Beautiful Bride to Be!
All I knew was that I had to walk down the center aisle, bow at the alter...wait, bow? Yes. Bow. Problem is, I kept curtseying. Then it kind of transitioned to a bow/curtsey/yoga-esque "namaste". No joke, I was so worried about what in the world I was doing for the whole church to see and that I would totally mess it up! 

After a seemingly quick rehearsal, it was time for the Rehearsal Dinner at Parker's on Ponce--yum! The food was delicious, the wine did not disappoint (it usually doesn't ever), and the company made for tons of smiles, belly laughs, and memorable stories. And don't worry, I checked with all the Catholics about how to bow at the alter before going up to read the Scripture. It was so fun to all be together to celebrate Kathleen and Avery getting married!!

The Matron and Maid of Honor (older and younger sister of the Bride) gave an heartfelt, loving, and hilarious speak on behalf of the couple! The groomsmen gave equally as on par speeches too!
Of course Callan and I came as a package deal during the wedding weekend since we were apart of the wedding, but not bridesmaids so of course we had to get a picture together too!
And of course all the girls had to get a picture together! What a great group of girls to spend the weekend together with to celebrate Kathleen and Av!

No comments: