![]() |
| Just a glimpse of the spread |
We spent the afternoon in the bridal suite just hanging out...and by hanging out, I mean trimming the stray threads on the wedding dress, eating snacks, and giving some time for Mary Ellen and Liz to practice fluffing the train and veil.
Finally, after an afternoon of "hurry up and wait", it was finally time for the Clay wedding to get underway!! I only half curtseyed/bowed, but other wise my reading went smoothly. I was worried the ceremony would seem super long, but I think I was so enthralled in "what was next" or what I should/shouldn't be doing that it went pretty quickly!
Then, the real fun started! I really didn't get to take as many pictures of the set up as I hoped, but once we got to the Emory Conference Center there was a indoor/outdoor cocktail hour. There were two bars set up with tons of hor'dourves--veggies, fruits, cheeses, crackers, sushi, and yummy little puff pastry thingies! Delish. I was a little worried when I didn't see my name card but that was because I got to sit at the head table--aka, Larry Munson! Kathleen thought of every little detail and had each table labeled as famous Georgia football players and UGA icons.
Of course I had to take a picture or two of the cakes and of course they had UGA incorporated into the cakes!
The first dance was so sweet--I think more than anything I was proud of Avery for getting out there to dance (since he hates dancing...). The Father-Daughter dance brought a tear...or 5...to my eyes, so sweet. Larry's speech was heartfelt and very Hogan-esque. Then the delicious dinner was served, eaten, and the dancing began!
| Singing the ole Candle Light song :) |
We all had such a great night--especially dancing and in the photo booth (definitely having one of those at my some day wedding...can't wait to see all of those pictures!!) but one of the best parts was seeing how much Kathleen and Avery were enjoying themselves. They really are such a wonderful couple and I love that I got to be apart of such a special event in their lives.
Congratulations Mrs. Kathleen Clay! And Mr. Avery Clay of course too!





1 comment:
Thank yuo for the great post and beautiful pictures! It meant so much to me that you were apart of our wedding day! Thank you for everything that you did! There is no way to tell you how much I appreciate it! Love you!!
Post a Comment