10. Working hard for the money Working at Anthropologie is the first time I've had a job consistently while in school. I have had to learn how to manage my time and money so much better because commuting to school as often as I do costs time and money. Although I can't give myself more time, I can learn to manage my time better so I can fit in work, school, friendships, family, running, and who knows what else I fill my time with! I have loved the friendships from working at Anthro....and I'm not complaining about how great my wardrobe is now either. :)
9. Friendships, both near and far This year, living at home has definitely had it's perks when it comes to friendships. I've:
reconnected with FB and guard friends from high school
and Chattanooga of course
And I can't forget Charleston :)
8. Hitting the Pavement I have never considered myself a "runner"...until this year. I started doing My Fitness Pal and I quickly learned if I want to eat more, I need to work out more. Enter running. Couch 2 5K is what sparked my consistency in running, but having races to train for really helped me stay on track. I've done two 10K's and a 5K (and even ran the whole time for the Thanksgiving 10K!) in one year and hope to keep up the pattern.
7. Showering my (now wedded) friends Y'all. I went to a lot of wedding stuff in 2012 and with weddings comes the "before" stuff like showers and Bachelorette parties. Talk about the girly-est of girly events--and I love it. And even better that a group of friends get to get together to celebrate a friend's upcoming wedding vows to the love of her life.
6. Ohhhh How I love the Alpha Gams! Something I did not see coming was my being put back into sorority life. On a whim this past August, I decided to help out with Recruitment while I had a break from classes and some flexibility in my work schedule. Lo and behold, a few months later I am now the Operations Advisor. I really have unexpectedly loved being back in the sorority world--especially since I have Brittany and Kathleen coming alongside to most of the Alpha Gam functions. It's been so wonderful to see how my sorority friendships have impacted my past college and I love being able to give back to an organization that has given so much to me.
5. Being an in state Aunty Living at home really allowed for some great niece/Aunt Kristin bonding this past year and those sweet moments cannot be traded for anything. Between the day to day with Charlotte to the much more frequent visits I can have now with Felicity when Kirby would stop by or I could hop over and have a slumber party at the Cleland's.
4. I now declare thee, Husband and Wife. This past year has been a year of weddings to say the least! I had several close friends get married and I love it! I think my favorite part was that I was able to be apart of, but not necessarily be in the weddings. Being able to cook for and help out with last minute details is definitely my love language, so I felt like it was blessing enough to be a part of my friend's special day! Seeing my friend's relationships celebrated on their wedding days is such a special event to be apart of and I loved every chance to do so!
3. So there's this boy... I haven't explicitly mentioned Brian on this blog, but it's a long time overdue. I met Brian in November at Anna and Wayne's Wedding and as they say "the rest is history". He stood me up for our first date (he was supposedly volunteering at the high school football game, but you'll have to ask him about that story), but two weeks after we met when we did go on our first date--I made him pick me up from work/be bombarded by my work friends, if that doesn't make him a trooper, I don't know what does--but I have been so happy since then. He makes me laugh, puts up with my crazy, I can talk to him about anything, and all in all, I think he's pretty great.
3. So there's this boy... I haven't explicitly mentioned Brian on this blog, but it's a long time overdue. I met Brian in November at Anna and Wayne's Wedding and as they say "the rest is history". He stood me up for our first date (he was supposedly volunteering at the high school football game, but you'll have to ask him about that story), but two weeks after we met when we did go on our first date--I made him pick me up from work/be bombarded by my work friends, if that doesn't make him a trooper, I don't know what does--but I have been so happy since then. He makes me laugh, puts up with my crazy, I can talk to him about anything, and all in all, I think he's pretty great.
2. Home again, Home again Jiggity Jig When I look back at 2012, I will definitely remember this as a time of living in a very full house. But I also will remember the reason I'm at home is for grad school and that is worth it for me. I have loved my program, being back in school, and honestly, living at home. There are some ups and downs to living at home and commuting to and from school, but it has been more than worth it. I know that I am pursuing what I want to do in my future career and sharing a house full of family is part of that journey. And hey, I kind of like living out my (not so closet) nerdiness and have loved sharing that with my grad school friends too.
1. Precious Joni Sadly, my number one spot this year isn't necessarily a happy thought, but instead a very dear one to me that beyond a shadow of a doubt marks this year for me. Starting off 2012 knowing I was going to be an aunt for a third time was so exciting, but shortly after sharing that, I shared that Joni was taken from us before we even got to meet her face to face. Seeing how God has used this year of experiencing heartbreak, loss, and family to share these ups and downs with has been forever marked on my heart and that is something I could never, and would never, want to overlook. I am beyond grateful that God orchestrated it for me to be living in Marietta so close to family this past year and that is a blessing to say the least. Joni will always be a special memory to me and I cannot wait until I can see her precious face in Heaven one day. 











No comments:
Post a Comment