Saturday, June 20, 2009

I kind of forgot that I have a blog

Not even kidding, until I got on facebook (which today is the first time I have spent more than 3-4 minutes on facebook anyways), I forgot that I blogged, had Twitter, or really even should be checking my emails on a regular basis. The only this technology-wise that I did not forget that I had was my phone...and that's SUCH a wonderful feeling! I love being at camp and unplugged from the world.

In case you were curious, camp is as amazing as it ever has been. The staff is such a blessing! We just finished our first official week of campers. Up until this point, we've had waterfront training, a HUGE retreat that we worked, staff orientation, and family camp. Needless to say, the nap that I just took was much needed!!

I have really appreciated your prayers (and letters for those that have sent some! Just a friendly reminder that mail can make my day when I'm tired and sunburned) and hope that you continue to pray for the campers, the staff, and what the Lord is doing at Vesper Point.

Just so you know what my day looks like now that we have a regular camper schedule:

7:30 AM Wake up
8:00 AM Breakfast
8:30 AM Head to the dock to get everything ready for the day
10-12:30 Drive boats for ski clinic and/or lifeguard
12:30 PM Lunch
1:00 PM Drive boats for cabins during FOB
2:15 PM Lifeguard/drive boats for cabin activity
3:30 PM Free time...which for all of you camp folk, you know that that's the CRAZIEST part of the day at the dock and I do what I've been doing all day, lifeguard/drive boats/make sure everything is going how it should on the dock
5:00 PM Waterfront closes, which means clean up time for me, Clay, and Ryan
6:00 PM Dinner

And after that is my "off time", but I either help with the night time activities or even better, play them with the kids! I help Julia out with TAPS (which we take forever to do because we love to talk with the counselors and campers...and there are at least 9-10 girls cabins so it's a timely process, but we love it!) and then we update the points for the dock party/hang out with the kitchies...ending with me going to bed at midnight-ish and repeating the next day!! WHEW! I absolutely love it though and surprisingly have gotten to spend a lot of time with campers and counselors!

I meant for this to be a short post, but I really felt the need to update you on everything! :) I love you all, I wish I could read your blogs (for those that have one), and send me mail please!!

2 comments:

Katie Lewis said...

Camp :) Miss you.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh!! I love camp words like FOB and TAPS and all the wonderful memories they bring. Hey - I'm going to call you soon and leave you a message. Get back to me as soon as you can. :)