Friday, July 10, 2009

Mid-Summer Update

Right now, I'm sitting at home in Marietta in air conditioning and it feels so weird! Right now, everyone at camp is getting ready for Friday Night Live! :(

If you know about camp lingo, I'm on my 24 (one of my two days off from camp, other than weekends) right now for some rest before a busy weekend. I drove home this morning to have my mom make me a sandwich before I took a much needed two hour nap. And now Kirby and Daniel are on their way over with their dog Sully, the most recent addition to their family, to have some homecooked dinner. I am so excited to see my family and have some much needed down time. On the other hand though, I hate missing out on stuff when I know my friends are all together at camp and I'm not there...so 24's are bittersweet.

But what I'm really looking forward to this weekend is going to see Matt and Kim get married!! Kim is a sorority sister of mine and my best friend, Kathryn's little sister in Alpha Gam. Matt proposed to Kim on their 7!!! year anniversary in December and their big weeked is finally here! I am so excited to see them get married and to see a bunch of girls from Alpha Gam! :) It's going to be a fun and busy weekend so hopefully I'll find some time in there to rest before heading back up to camp!

We have two weeks of campers left to come, followed by a clean up week and I cannot believe how quickly it's flown by!! Sarah Guin's wedding on August 8th is the last set thing that I have in my planner because I have NO idea what I'm doing after that...which is good/bad.

Good: I'm looking forward to some time to sort through everything because I feel like my life has been like a non-stop move in, unpack, repack, move out process since I have gone from school to camp and back to school for the past three years. I'm anticipating a chance to see friends, family, and catch up on rest before I start the next chapter of my life.
Bad: I still don't have a job and I would love to know what God has in store for me. I am still looking in Chattanooga, but job hunting while at camp has proven to be harder than I expected. So it'll be nice to have more flexibility once camp finishes up...which leads me to a favor to ask of you Chattanoogans;
If any of you hear about church, non-profit, or job openings in Chattanooga, please let me know!! And while I'm asking favors, if you would like to host me for a few days as I bounce around the city looking for jobs, I would appreciate your hospitality more than you know!!

Well, that's the camp/my life update! Keep sending me mail, checking my blog, and praying for us at Vesper Point! God has been changing lives and is doing BIG things this summer!

3 comments:

anna c. said...

big? like your foot? hahaha jk. :)..... praying!

Emily Geyer said...

You know you are ALWAYS welcome at casa de la geyer. Just let me know when you're coming!

I'll check in with my non-profit connections again and see if there are any new developments. I'll keep you posted!!

Anonymous said...

Whoo hoo for August 8th!! :) I hope you had a restful weekend at home and I will keep praying for you and for camp! Love you friend!!