Thursday, November 26, 2009

Giving Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

Today, I am thankful for:

My family, which I never feel like I can see enough
Yummy food
Rest...which is something I can forget to do sometimes
A new job, starting on Monday!! Post to come...
My Savior
My wonderful and encouraging friends
And my new home of Chattanooga

And, in particular today, I am grateful for my hair. I cut about 10 inches off of my hair yesterday. Selfishly, I wanted to just trim a couple of inches off to make it more manageable. But I also had to recognize that I would probably never have my hair quite as long as it was ever again and I knew that I needed to donate it.

Before:

After:
I know that's soooo weird to just see a pony tail hanging out, but I felt like I needed to show the picture for the full effect!

I am mailing off my ponytail on Saturday to Pantene Pro-V's Beautiful Lengths donation program. They take several ponytails that are donated, dye them to be the same color, and put them together to make a wig--a free wig for cancer patients. I am so thankful that I have the means to grow out my hair and donate it...it's so often the little things that we take for granted. So today, I am grateful for my hair that I do have--short or long, I'm grateful to have it.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends--eat lots of food because you have it, enjoy the friend and families that truly are a blessing, and praise God because we live in a country that sets aside a day of thanks.

No comments: