Most of my stories consist of 13/14 year old girls because that's who I spend 90% of my time with. Other life happenings are extremely less humorous and almost equally as time consuming, but are instead about life's little details like finding a real place to live in Chattanooga, figuring out my new phone plan, and planning stuff for the fall for work (please notice that I say work and not internship! I still can't believe how great God is in orchestrating things for me to be the Girl's Middle School Youth Leader at First Pres!!! And to save myself a blog post, it's basically more of what I've been doing this summer--planning stuff and hanging out with the middle school girls while talking about Jesus. AKA the best job ever. Also, the closest thing to being a camp counselor year round as I can get.) All of that to say, I love my life. And I have a love/hate relationship with the fact that I barely have time to stop and even write a blog post because it's so time consuming to sit down at the computer.
Here's where I've been the past 2 weeks...I am trying to make my excuses for not blogging legit.
- New Orleans, Louisiana on a missions trip; me and 24 leaders and middle school students from the youth group served at a homeless shelter. Mostly moving boxes from the sweltering attic and serving meals, but oh my goodness that will be a whole post that I will do...tomorrow? Hold me to that.




Did I mention it was ridiculously hot there?
- Girls Trip to Atlanta; that's right. Right after the missions trip, we planned a trip for our 8th (almost 9th grade) girls and high school girls to go on a shopping trip for fun to Atlanta! Pictures on that later, I haven't uploaded them quite yet!
All of that to say, I've had reasonable excuses for not posting. The kids start back to school next week, so my life should become considerably less hectic...or at least more predictable!
No comments:
Post a Comment