Saturday, August 7, 2010

Girls Just Wanna Have FUN!

Right after I got back from the middle school missions trip on Saturday night, I had just enough time to make it to church on Sunday morning, have lunch with the potential new youth pastor, take a nap, go to Mystery Tour (Sunday night summer events for the youth), unpack and repack to go on the 8th grade and high school girls trip on Monday morning!! Yes, it was just as exhausting as it sounds. Well, the girls trip was tiring in a different way because it was 2 straight days of shopping. It was the girliest of girly trips.

Justin Bieber and Wavin' Flag were the only things we listened to on the way down to Atlanta. We had lunch at Atlanta Bread Company and dessert at Yogli Mogli before getting mani/pedis and checking into the hotel in Buckhead. All 9 of us stayed in, ordered pizza, watched the Bacherlorette Season Finale (I still love you Chris L!) and What Women Want while munching on sour worms, starbursts, and other sugary snacks.


We slept in Tuesday morning, played in the pool and eventually got ready to shop. First stop: Lenox. Carolann and I spent majority of our time in Banana Republic and Ann Taylor Loft. The girls were ready to move on, so we went to Perimeter. I became personal shopper for one of my girls at Forever 21 and picked up several things for myself. After a ton of discussion, we decided to go to Cheesecake Factory for dinner and just split several appetizers and entrees and of course some cheesecake! We were stuffed. I mean, uncomfortably full. So we headed back to the hotel to show off our purhcases and lounge in PJs for the rest of the night.
Wednesday morning moved a little bit faster than the day before because we had to drive to Dawsonville, Georgia to hit up the outlets! Let's just say I spent a lot of money this weekend, but mostly on cardigans, scarfs, a couple of skirts, and earrings so I consider it an investment for this fall and winter....Right? Right.
Have I mentioned that this is my job? My job is to hang out with girls, swim at the pool and go shopping. This can't be real life. Well, not for too much longer because they will be in school and I will become somewhat more predictable in my scheduling...at least until 3 pm every week day. :)

No comments: