Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Never Homeless

Well, here I am--Homeless yet again. And this time, I feel more homeless than ever. I think it's mostly because there has been continuity in my life so to live a normal life with no where to go back to somewhere I can call "my own" has thrown me off. I was housesitting for the Harwood's, but they had to come back because camp had ended and they had to get ready for the school year to start again (which starts tomorrow for them, how crazy is that?! Sitting in a classroom in 100 degree heat seems a little weird to me.) I housesat for a family in the church, but they came back early, thus leaving me homeless.

Something we talked about on the missions trip in New Orleans is how we, as members of the body of Christ, will never be homeless. So often, people that truly are homeless are not only living life without a roof over their head, but are also living life without a community. As a person in the church--and when I say church, I don't mean First Presbyterian of Chattanooga, I mean the church as a whole, the body of believers--I have been beyond blessed with friends that have willinigly took me in time and time again and that's such a great example of Christ's love. It's so neat to see Christians actually living out love in what seems so small to them but is so big to me--they are sacrificing their norm to open their homes and their lives to me. I have a long list of people that I know would let me in, even if I called at 11 PM and I pray that whenever I do have a place to stay that people know they can call on me in the same way.

So thank you to all of you that have housed me--whether for a night or 3 to 4 months (Liners, Taylor and Harwoods!) And don't worry, I don't plan on never settling down. Keep your fingers crossed for an apartment to live in by the end of this week for me and Erin...and when I say keep your fingers crossed, I mean pray!

No comments: