This past week has been super busy and I have a feeling that's just the beginning of the holiday season's busyness. Fortunately, 2 of my babysitting jobs were cancelled last minute (I was supposed to babysit THREE different times this week) so it was cut down to only once. *Side note: I don't babysit for the money (although, it is a nice perk) but instead for the families in our church. I've come to realize more and more how much these parents need a night off from the kids to spend time as a couple and I want to help out however possible. So that's what I do. And I looooove their kids, so that helps too.
Anyways, rabbit trail...Thursday was the start of my weekend. I went to Chattanooga Christian's Musical Peter Pan and oh. my. goodness. I honestly forgot that these kids were in high school because it was done sooooo well. They even had harnesses for them to fly, the girl that played Peter Pan cut off 10 inches of her, and I just loved it.

Almost immediately after that, we (me, Baxley, Carolann, and Jessie) rushed off to meet Erin at the movie theater to see the midnight showing of HARRY POTTER!!! It was so wonderful. My favorite HP movie so far. I feel like they actually stuck close to the book. The biggest difference is that they actually had time to fit in the details thanks to the book being broken into 2 different movies. I will be so sad when the last movie comes out this summer because that means that the Harry Potter Era will officially come to a close. The first book came out in the US in 1998 and come 2011, there won't be anymore Harry to wait for. But until then, I will watch, re-watch, and re-read all that is Harry Potter to lead up to the last movie.
Yesterday, I threw some clothes in a bag and headed up to Knoxville for a quick trip to celebrate Samantha Stevenson's 21st birthday. Even though the trip was quick, it was fun to see some old friends and celebrate (and eat a delish chicken parm for dinner)
So here I am today--exhausted, unshowered and hanging out in the corner of Stone Cup. A little rest is definitely needed after 2 nights of being up past 3 am, but it was all worth it. And Thanksgiving is just days away and I can already taste the sweet potato casserole....yummmmmm.
1 comment:
I love you :)
and I love these pictures of you and my family.
Post a Comment