Monday, September 26, 2011
Fall Festivities
This weekend consisted of all things fall and wonderful. After a long walk with Erin and then another walk with Katie later in the afternoon, I got ready for my first football game as Signal Mountain's guard instructor. Besides the fact that I had to pay to park and walk half a mile to get to the game, it was really fun! Chilly, but not too cold and it was crazy going to a high school football game without wearing a pound of make up and spandex. Ha! After the game, Katie and I got late night Ayala's, watched Bridesmaids and her friend Bully came over and we sat out on the Franklin's porch. Bliss.
Saturday morning, the guard had practice to help us prepare for our competition this coming weekend. It's been so fun to be back in the "guard world"--crazy throwback, but fun! We still have a lot to do before the competition, but they're doing well for me being the 3rd instructor they've had this season! (First girl is awesome but got a job so she couldn't come to practices, the 2nd girl was cray-cray, or so I've heard, and now there's me!) While I was at practice, our new friend Cary invited me over for a late breakfast. A late breakfast turned into a late lunch because I stayed after practice for a while. Sidenote: Cary grew up on Signal, went to Tennessee and just graduated, and is back at home. We've only been friends for a week, but she is quickly becoming apart of the group of girls I hang out with. Kelly met up with us to run errands, watch football, and then we went to meet another new friend in a similar situation as Cary. Emily's parents had a bonfire on their home at the back of the mountain. Let me tell you--it was perfection. Bonfire, chili, drinks, friends, and of course s'mores. And even better, I got to wear a cardigan and boots. If that doesn't say fall, I don't know what does.
Sunday was my first day back at First Pres since the first weekend in August. I needed time to distance myself for a while and after seeing a group of the girls on Monday when I worked at camp for a day retreat, I felt like I was emotionally ready to be back. I don't even think I realize how much I had missed the teaching, fellowship, and "at home" feeling I have at my church. My heart was so full and overwhelmed with love for the kids and familiar faces of the church. Oh, I just loved it! The rest of the day involved a lot of indecision, eating, and relaxing with Cary, Emily, and Kelly.
Sorry for the lack of pictures! We used Emily's camera to take pictures at the bonfire, but once they're up on facebook, I need to post them on here. They're hilarious--Kelly is 4'11 and Cary is 6'3--just picture that and it's humorous enough! Hope everyone else had a weekend as great as mine was! :)
Labels:
First Pres,
friends
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment